need help i'm new user,my blackberry 8830 get this error pls help ( jVM error 545 incompatible or corrupt filesystem) thanks you
    08-10-09 08:21 AM
    you're gonna need to wipe the phone and do a fresh os install.

try using jl cmder for the wipe and then get crackmem to help clean up the os and then reinstall your software
    Last edited by jackie treehorn; 08-10-09 at 08:28 AM.
    08-10-09 08:25 AM
    thanks brother i try now
    08-11-09 04:28 AM
    thanks you brother my pboblem solve
    08-11-09 07:56 AM
    Hi you two brothers, I got 545 error with my 8310, had tied jackie`s ways, but just the BB could not even be wiped! connection confirmed, and DM can recognize it.....just can NOT be wiped....help help!!
    09-06-09 04:15 AM
    Although the Verizon store insited I needed a new Blackberry; the following steps worked for my Storm. Some of the menus might be slightly different, but it isn't hard to figure out. One warning though; I did back-up as noted in Step 3, but it didn't work for me. Fortunately I had my contacts on another phone and Verizon switched them over for free. Everything else, other than pic's and video, was lost. If you haven't backed up prior to the 545 code you're probably out of luck retrieving apps and contacts. Good Luck!!!

Here is the procedure to resolve:

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Double-click Backup and Restore.
    Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
    Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.
    Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Double-click the Application Loader icon.
    Click Next to start the installation process.
    Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
    Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
    Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
    Click Next.
    Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
    Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
    Click Next > Finish.
    When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    07-13-10 03:21 PM
    Hey, I have a 9530, I have the 'JVM error 545' message too, I don't have any large scale apps like Pandora (I heard they could be one cause of the error). I need help, its been like this for like 7 hours now! Any advice?
    09-01-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD