To BlackBerry Users,

The following problem has occured and i am unable to resolve this issue.

Description of the Problem I have on my BlackBerry 8820:
    1. Only the following edge can be detected rather than EDGE.
    2. My BlackBerry Internet Service v2.0 is missing from my applications. I cannot create, edit or delete my emails.
    3. When I go to “Bookmarks” > Links > BlackBerry Extras > “There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later.”
    4. When I go to “Bookmarks” > Links > BlackBerry Help > “There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later.”
    5. When I try to either go to my Yahoo Messenger or Google Talk (which I had downloaded via BlackBerry extras via OTA) I am unable to connect only pending.
    6. I cannot send or receive any emails to both my email addresses to my BlackBerry.

I would also like to inform to you the following information / activity I made with the BlackBerry:

Purchased and installed the following software directly from:

MemoryUp Standard Edition for BlackBerry
    Ver 2.0
    Copyright 2006-2007
    eMobiStudio Inc

Deleted software using standard procedures
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Delete:
    **This procedure was also asked to restart to enable to delete the applications.

• Japanese Language Inputs and Fonts
    • Korean Language Inputs and Fonts
    • BlackBerry Maps
    • Google Maps

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have tried explaining to AIS but they do not either understand or have technical knowledge about the issue. I have also tried to explain to them via e-mail providing my Diagnostic Results.
    01-06-08 10:53 PM
    Have you even tried the simplest of troubleshooting...IE..pulling your battery out?
    01-06-08 11:33 PM
    Yes done that. Full shut down and waited 15 minutes before putting it back in.
    01-07-08 12:11 AM
    Does this carrier offer you a BIS login page, cause it seems as though you need to resend your service books or get a new registration on their network, or it could be that they are having network issues, but from the information you provided they don't seem to be a reliable carrier.
    01-07-08 12:17 AM
    Thanks for the assistance Bla1ze.
    Was able to fix the problem myself finally after a day of fustration.

I can say that the most likely cause was the MemoryUp software i purchased on the 6th January directly from eMobi site.

I cannot blame them as i may have not completed my settings right with this applications on my BB8820. When i re-installed the MemoryUp again on my after complete "Wipe Handheld" procedure after 2 or 3 hours the edge (small) came on again.

Not sure if other had the same problem when using MemoryUp on BB8820.

1. Did a back-up of my BB first on my PC
    2. Went to my BB8820: Options > Security Options > General Settings > Wipe Handheld > i clicked on "include third party applications"
    3. Complete the Wizard settings but i left out my email settings until later and skipped this part.
    4. Checked the signal EDGE came up. Should also receive a registation message from BIS.
    5.The icon for Email Settings should be back again.
    6. Completed the email setting procedure under "Existing User" - You will also need to send your service book and can do this via your BB8820 be patient as it sends it through.
    7. Re-installed some of my address book, passwords etc. from my PC.

*This procedure of course deleted all my themes i had purchased on-line

NOTE: Please you use this guide at your own risk as i am not a professional but it worked for me. I did this proceudure 3 times - A. First time i did not tick delete 3rd part appplications which still showed the probelem B. deleted 3rd party applications and then checked if MemoryUp was the real problem, which was conflicting with my BB8820 C. Did the Wipe again and re-installed my required applications without MemoryUp.
    01-07-08 11:23 PM
    Since using this procedure mentioned the EDGE has not been down since.
    01-07-08 11:26 PM
    hello all have a serious problem just acquired 8820 and having a hard time it powers up but not able to find network please help
    11-22-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD