I have been experiencing shut down on my Blackberry 8830.
    The phone would be fully charged, when I have taken it out of the holster the desktop screen appears and then it goes off and a red indicator light comes on. It takes 2-3 seconds to power back up once I press the power key. This has happened on more than one occasion has anyone else experienced this problem.
    11-13-07 01:02 PM
    Not here. You might want to take it back to the seller.
    11-13-07 01:16 PM
    I expierenced a lockup the first day I took the battery out and put it back and everything has been fine since then. You might want to take it back and see what the tech department says they might just replace it.
    11-13-07 06:17 PM
    I had a Similar problem with my 8830.. I got mine used, and the guy said he never had any problems with it, but whenever I had it on the charger and I would try to do something *IE Make a call, or go on the web* the phone would reboot. Red light would come on screen would go blank and would take over a minute to finally turn back on.. This wasn't normal took it to the verizon store told him what happened and he gave me some crap about not being able to use the phone while its charging and i told him i had 3 previous blackberry's that never had this problem and it was defective and he noticed i activated it a week prior to my visit and gave me a new phone in store that day.. so i'd take it back and say its broken.
    11-14-07 03:53 AM
    If you have Verizon, and there os clearly something wrong with it, they should give you a new for free. **Warranty**

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-07 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD