Hi, I may be looking in the wrong places but I can't seem to get my BB mailbox to match up with my IMAP mailbox. If I delete an email in IMAP it does not delete in my BB.

I have the follwing checked: Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device.

Are there any other things I should be checking?

Thanks
    07-30-07 08:41 PM
    Standard IMAP accounts are only 1 way sync... if you delete them on the BB then they get deleted on the IMAP account but not the other way arround... Yahoo Mail supports 2-way sync... the only one I know of on BIS.... you can have all your mail forwarded to Yahoo and just use it for storage and replay using your standard email....

-aacurve
    07-30-07 08:47 PM
    Thanks - guess I got too used to SnapperMail/IMAP and assumed 2-way sync was standard.

Know of any 3rd Party add ons that would solve this?
    07-30-07 10:02 PM
    Thanks - guess I got too used to SnapperMail/IMAP and assumed 2-way sync was standard.

Know of any 3rd Party add ons that would solve this?

Yea coming from a Treo I know what you mean... If you have BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) setup it works with that but for non corporate accounts we all get BIS which does not do the 2-way syncing... I don't know of any third party app and doubt there would be one due to the push email setup...

The only way I could solve this problem was to move over to a Yahoo Mail account and forward all my mail accounts over to it... doing this will not change the appearance of your emails as far as sent from if you configure it right...

For example your current primary email address is 'emailaddress@mydomain.com'... go to Yahoo Mail and create an account 'myblackberry@yahoo.com'... then forward all your email that goes to 'emailaddress@mydomain.com' to 'myblackberry@yahoo.com'... login to your BIS email account manager and add the Yahoo Mail account and set the replay to as your 'emailaddress@mydomain.com'...

Doing it this way you are only using Yahoo for storage and there instant push 2-way sync... A standard IMAP account also has a delay on it 5-10 minutes some times and Yahoo is directly supported by BIS so it is instant..

Hope this helps...

-aacurve
    07-31-07 07:28 AM
    If you have a Yahoo email account, just setup BIS to use that. Yahoo is PUSH, i.e. you will receive the email instantly! Also, with BIS 2.3, there is a new option to have it sync, i.e. if you delete an email from your BlackBerry, it will delete it from your account (if you checked the box in BIS!)...

This works for Yahoo, GMail and Hotmail (if the Hotmail account was created BEFORE 2000!)...
    07-31-07 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD