Turned on the phone other day and now have a "Bing" icon on the desktop. It is not listed in the My World app so I can't remove it from there. Is there an easy way to get rid of it?? I hate Bing...
    Thanks!
    12-22-09 04:27 PM
    Did you try to delete the service book for bing already? (options -> advanced options -> service books. look for bing)
    12-22-09 04:51 PM
    Just hide it. It's only a link to download the app, so it takes up virtually no memory. If you delete the service book it will eventually come back.
    12-22-09 05:52 PM
    Yes, it does come back, anyone know of a permanent deletion?
    12-23-09 06:16 PM
    Yes, it does come back, anyone know of a permanent deletion?
    Just hide it. It's only a link to download the app, so it takes up virtually no memory. If you delete the service book it will eventually come back.
    The only way that would actually work to get rid of them is to de-activate your phone, and not have it attached to any carrier. (which would make it difficult to make phone calls among other things)

You could try to call your carrier and speak to them. They would be the only ones who might be able to make them go away, but that's highly unlikely. They would probably still come back.
    12-23-09 06:48 PM
    It'll go away if you open it, scroll down through all the legalese and click on "I do not accept", then go to options/advanced options/service book and delete it there.

It'll stay gone until you do a battery pull.

As far as the browser goes, setting Google or ??? as your home page may be the best option although Bing isn't really all that awful as a search engine.
    12-24-09 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD