hey guys im new to the site but i have been going through the forum for a few weeks now. i recently bought a 8800 from a friend the problem is that when i put the battery in the device the red light comes on then goes off, then on the screen a picture of a battery pops up with a red line through it. i bought a new battery to see if that would fix the problem, but to no avail. i've also tried the "Nuked Berry Fix" but as soon as the application loader get to the part where it says "reconnecting jvm" it fails, and says "unable to something after multi-boot something".... is there a fix for this? thank you for any help.

I've attached a pic of what the screen looks like.
    Last edited by cheddar34; 02-23-08 at 11:37 AM. Reason: tried to change the thumbs down thing...thought it was a "?"
    02-22-08 03:40 PM
    02-22-08 05:08 PM
    it still tried to do the reconnect to jvm... then when the bar gets full it says "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." also in the guide it says that it should say "usb:unknown" but mine says "usb:205(and some other numbers and i think a letter)
    02-22-08 05:29 PM
    here i took some screen shots there labeled in order after bb3 is says "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." also while its doing the "wait for device initialization" the computer make the "ding dong" noise (as if i unhooked the usb cord) a bunch of times.
    02-22-08 05:47 PM
    bump for help.
    02-24-08 11:01 AM
    Is it still on warranty? Take it to where it was bought...
    02-24-08 11:45 AM
    no i dont beleive so...i bought it off my buddy. i think im gonna take it to pacific mall.
    02-24-08 12:36 PM
    I know this is going to sound like a stupid question...sorry. Did you try charging it? That picture looks like the battery is or is about to be dead and needs to be charged. Just thought I would ask. Don't mean to sound idiotic.

msblueline
    03-04-08 10:44 PM
    lol yea i charged it with an external charger...nothing happened.
    03-04-08 10:46 PM
    Sorry, Didn't mean to sound like you were dumb or anything... I tried to turn my BB8800 on one day and kept getting that battery thingymajig icon. I left it on the charger all night... worked fine the next day. Also, my connector, the little usb port on the side is real loose. Sometimes I'll charge it and it won't make a full connection; therfore, no charge. Does yours seem to be loose at all? Could their be a broken wire in there? Have you taken it back to who you bought it from...tell him/her it's a dud. You mentioned you were gonna take it somewhere. Is there a Blackberry service place around you. Is there somewhere that services Blackberry's? Just curious should I ever need one.

Hope you get it worked out.

msblueline
    03-04-08 11:16 PM
    I bought my BB from someone used last May
    In Feb I was having issues with the trackball and I called Rogers
    They sent me a refurbished one for 25 dollars
    I did not want a refurb and lucky enough it would not charge so I got a brand new one for 25 shipping
    03-05-08 05:51 AM
    I had the same symptoms...

"unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"

Here's the issue. At least for me, the only way to get the BB Desktop software to see my phone *at all* was to connect it ONLY when it wanted me to pick the device, and (per advice on the internet) to do so with no battery installed.

HOWEVER, it seems that after it does the device erasing and software install that it THEN needs the batter for this 'device reconnect'.

Sooo...

My solution was to
    0) Download Desktop Manager and the OS for your specific phone (got mine from the Sprint site)
    1) remove battery, disconnect USB from PC
    2) Launch Desktop Manager
    3) Choose Application Loader
    4) Click next
    5) NOW connect the USB, without the battery installed
    6) Proceed with picking the s/w packages
    7) Once the install starts PUT IN THE BATTERY

Then all is well.

Can you believe how hard this is? Or how many hours of support calls they must field for this weird problem!?!?!
    06-03-08 08:08 PM
    Hey sorry I havent replied to here all my "reply notifications" were sent to my junk mail.

Thank you to everyone that replied. I fixed the issue myself all I did was open it a bit and tinker around...works flawlessly now. I do not suggest you do it but my issue appeared to be hardware not software...or hardware and software...but it is working and thats all that matters...but now I want the 9000 ;-p.
    06-03-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD