Hey Everyone.. so I am going be abroad in spain for 3 months and I am leaving very soon so I am figuring out my phone stuff and luckily I came on here and found out I could unlock my 8830! So I unlocked it today ect.. I was wondering what you guys think is the best network over in Spain that I can do a pay as you go plan but also get a data package aswell because i want to use BBM.. let me know your experiences. Thanks
    08-08-09 09:40 PM
    It will be difficult. You are unlikely to fing PAYG (prepay) accounts with access to BlackBerry data. The network providers are mostly looking for longer lock-in, usually a minimum of 12 months contract before they will connect. You will also find difficulty going to a regular contract because you don't have a credit record here in europe. You won't have a problem getting voice and regular dumbphone-web data on no-contract prepay, but that doesn't give you BBM.

If you must have BBM you may find your only practical option is to get the VZW international package and roam your BB. Get a cheap and cheerful GSM phone on local prepay for outgoing voice.
    08-09-09 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD