Am I a moron or does BBLight not work with the 8820?

I installed BBLight just like I did with my previous 4 BB, set the options how I like them, and the screen still turns off after 2 minutes.

I have a powered cradle in my vehicle and I like to use the navigation on the bb. It's real annoying to constantly have to push a button while driving to turn the screen back on.

Please help.
    12-31-07 10:41 AM
    Has anyone with an 8820 been able to get BBLight to work properly? If so, please raise you hand...
    12-31-07 01:10 PM
    It works on my 8320. Same basic OS as on the 8820.
    12-31-07 02:21 PM
    Yes it works on my 8820.

my settings are...

All boxes checked
    From 00:01
    Duration (mins) 1440

Under OPTIONS-Screen/Keyboard
    Backlight Timeout: 1 min

Everything works fine.
    12-31-07 04:23 PM
    What is the setting for your "automatic backlight" feature under the Screen/Keyboard option?

I just downloaded the BBLight again, established the same setting as you noted, turned "off" the Automatic Backlight feature. While I was typing this message, the screen turned off.

I want to believe that it works, but something isn't right.

Please advise.
    12-31-07 05:13 PM
    To answer my initial question... I am a moron.

I double checked the settings you noted and found that I changed the Poll (ms) to 1440 and not the time duration.

Once I corrected the change, the backlight has been on for about 15 minutes and counting.

Thanks!
    12-31-07 05:34 PM
    Glad you got it working. It should be noted that the settings I gave WILL chew up your battery.... big time. I have an extended battery and with these settings I'll get maybe 8-9 hours. If I disable BBlight, I'll get almost 3 days. I use BBlight mostly for keeping the light on while in the cradle. When I am out and about, I disable BBLight to get better battery life. You may be able to adjust that 1440 to manage the battery life better.
    01-01-08 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD