I am traveling to Prague for 2 weeks is my 8830 going to work there? Thanks
    04-09-08 06:50 PM
    Here is a link to all the countries available on the "Global Email" plans.

GlobalEmail

Unfortunately, Prague was not on the list, but it can fall under Czech Republic.
    04-09-08 06:57 PM
    Here is the link to Czech Republic. Looks like it does work.

Calling From Czech Republic
    04-09-08 06:59 PM
    I am traveling to Prague for 2 weeks is my 8830 going to work there? Thanks
    Make sure you call VZW and get the international package if your going to be there for a few weeks. This could save you some money if you are going to use BB functions. Or get the phone unlocked and get a local sim and save even more money on calls.
    04-11-08 03:46 AM
    Once you have a SIM card, the GSM coverage in the Czech Republic will likely be more reliable and of a higher quality than when connecting via CDMA at home.

That website of Verizon sucks, ie. yes, bravo it show that Verizon has signed international roaming agreement(s) with carriers operating in the Czech Republic - but it does not say which. That's useful to know if you need to manually select a specific network.

Three quality carriers operate in the Czech Republic:
    T-Mobile
    Telefonica O2
    Vodafone
    04-11-08 04:16 AM
    Once you have a SIM card, the GSM coverage in the Czech Republic will likely be more reliable and of a higher quality than when connecting via CDMA at home.

That website of Verizon sucks, ie. yes, bravo it show that Verizon has signed international roaming agreement(s) with carriers operating in the Czech Republic - but it does not say which. That's useful to know if you need to manually select a specific network.

Three quality carriers operate in the Czech Republic:
    T-Mobile
    Telefonica O2
    Vodafone
    More than likely with the VZW sim he will be on the VODAFONE network since vodaphone owns almost 1/2 of verizon.
    04-11-08 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD