I'm just wondering if anyone has ever come across this bug. I have a user with an 8820 and at least once a week (usually Friday or Saturday) her clock and date will change automatically, sometimes by months, and by years... so today she showed it to me and it was set for June with the year 2045...

She is definitely not messing with it, she does not use any desktop manager, her phone syncs wirelessly from our BES/Exchange servers. When the time jumps up by years it blanks out her messages and calanders.

Here is what I have tried:
    *Upgraded to the latest OS that is stickied to this forum
    *Changed the date & time source from Network to Off (this didn't work, was originally set to network)
    *Now set to update from "Blackberry" and we'll see how that goes.

I've tried searching these forums for similar issues but was unable to find anything similar. PLEASE if anyone has any tips I am all ears
    11-15-09 08:01 PM
    I've never heard of this problem. How is this user any different from your other users? Is she the only 8800 user? Is she running an app that no one else is running? Is her BES account on a different server than everyone else? Are other people possibly having the same issue and just not mentioning it? How do you know she is not synching to a PC with a wrong time setting?
    11-15-09 08:32 PM
    Hi JeffH

She is the same as the other users (in terms of setup and configuration) and has only came accross this time changing with in the last month. She is the only 8820 users and we have 2 other 8800 users including myself.

She is using just the apps that came with the phone (mail, calendar, contacts). No other users are having this problem as well. She doesn't have any sync software on her desktop and sync purely from the BB Wireless/Tmobile Network.

I emailed all our users and none have had any similar issues. It is very odd.
    11-15-09 08:42 PM
    If she's the only 8820 user, is she your only user with wifi capability? Is she possibly connecting to a time server via wifi? Can you disable her wifi thru your BES? If you can't, can you replace her 8820 with an 8800 and see if the problem goes away?
    11-15-09 08:51 PM
    Hi JeffH
    I believe her wi-fi is disabled via handset but I will edit her account in BES and shut it off. Sadly we don't have any spare BB's but I guess if the problem persist we'll just have to replace the handset.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
    11-15-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD