Do all BB WE come unlocked? When I was overseas I was able to throw a SIM card from a provider over there into it and it fired up and made calls no problems so this makes me think it is unlocked. My provider is Bell and I don't use the phone anymore so I was wondering if I can get a Rogers SIM card and use it for Pay as You Go?
    01-27-10 12:37 PM
    not all of them come unlock. Your phone was unlock therefore you were able to put in another carrier's sim card. so a rogers sim card should be fine.
    01-27-10 12:40 PM
    Rogers is a North American GSM carrier. The GSM radio in the 8830 only works on European GSM frequencies. The 8830 cannot operate on North American GSM networks, whether unlocked or not.
    01-27-10 06:17 PM
    Thanks guess I wont try it then.
    01-27-10 06:45 PM
    I just bought a verizon 8830 WE and i need to use it with T-Mobile. is that possible or not? i read different answers about being able to use it in the US with a different GSM carriers. Please post only if you have experience with this phone.
    and if I can, how do I unlock it please?
    01-28-10 08:19 PM
    You cannot use an 8830 with any North American GSM carrier. Please see the 8830 FAQ at the top of the forum. If you've actually read otherwise, the poster was mistaken.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD