See the string below. The first is my email to Jabra technical suport, then the response. Does anyone know of a workaround (such as a third party app) for this problem?

"RE: My BT530 works fine when making/receiving calls. However, when playing music thorugh my blackberry media player the sound from the headset fades in and out. I have reset/repaired several times, but am still having the problem. Is it defective or is there another fix?

There is a quirk in the 8830 Bluetooth software. You should not be hearing any music at all because the 8830 does not have the A2DP Bluetooth profile. This is the profile that allows the transmission and reception of music audio. Both the transmitting and receiving device must have the profile. At some point the quirk will reset itself and you will not be able to hear the music at all."
    09-18-08 02:04 PM
    Not real sure what Jabra is talking about. I had a Dell bluetooth BH200 stereo headset paired with my 8830 and the sound was awesome... even the controls on the headset worked for volume, track, etc. with the standard BB Media.
    09-19-08 10:19 AM
    yeah, New User HI! I have the same problem you do. Mine is from Verizon. It gaps every little while in the music. That is so annoying. Thinking about trying a new headset. Can't get stereo output at all connected with wired adapter. some fishy software for sure. I was using this off brand, the only thing available here, called UBX. Thinking of getting Plantronic Voyager if someone can confirm source of issue.
    09-19-08 10:46 AM
    How do u set up the jabra to receive the music,or gps?
    05-01-09 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD