I have a couple of questions about my email coming to my BB 8830. I am using Gmail and I receive my email with no problems, but when I reply I get a copy of that sent back to my BB. Is this because it is being saved in my sent folder in gmail? Is there a way to turn that off so I dont get that sent email? Not sure if this is the case with anyone else but when I delete emails from my BB they get deleted from my gmail inbox (that i love).

Also, I have my gmail going to Outlook 2007 and with BB desktop manager I sync my contacts with no problems but my calendar I am having problems with (or think so). If I add the calendar event in outlook syncing and updating my BB works fine. If I add a calendar (future events) in my BB it does not add it into outlook. Is this a problem is this not suppose to happen?

I am using BIS if that helps not BES. Thanks.
    05-21-07 11:52 PM
    Here's a quick fix for the first problem...

Go to your BIS settings via your computer's web browser. Click the filters button next to your Gmail account.

-Choose a filter name (can be whatever you want)
    -Select "From" field in the drop-down
    -Place �[email protected]� in the "Contains" box
    -Highlight "Do not forward messages to handheld"
    -Click Save

As for the second problem, you may want to check your sync configuration to make sure it is set to Synchronize, not Import or Export.
    05-22-07 12:42 AM
    Here is a Sticky on the Gmail sent items.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/prev...-handheld-853/
    05-22-07 09:52 AM
    Thanks guys.

I definitely made sure it was on Synchronize. I even tried the import event from handheld and that did not work. Thanks again for the help.
    05-22-07 12:13 PM
    Could be Outlook 2007. Apparently there are some issues when it comes to syncing with the newer Outlook. Another person had a problem syncing notes with Outlook 2007. I'm sure RIM will address this soon.
    05-22-07 02:22 PM
    Do they typically send out hotfixes or updates to the desktop manager software? Thanks.
    05-22-07 06:23 PM
    As far as I know, they will never send you anything. You need to keep your eyes peeled for something like DM 4.2 Service Pack 3. Some BB users may be working on a workaround of their own, but not likely. Is DM recognizing your file locations for contacts, calendar, etc.?
    05-22-07 08:16 PM
    Yes, I believe it is recognizing the file location. Contacts work both syncing both ways.
    05-22-07 11:31 PM
    I will try to upgrade to Office 2007 tonight and see if I can find anything to help out. I hate that people suffer for having the latest Windows OS or Office suite.
    05-23-07 12:04 AM
    Thanks again Fold. I really appreciate the help.
    05-23-07 10:11 AM
    I'm having the same problem (see my post on another thread). Outloook 2007 to BB8830. Contacts, tasks, and notes all sync both ways. But Calendar seems to be just a one-way dump from PC to BB, not a true sync.

Don't think it's Outlook. I have used a Sony Cli� (Palm OS) for years with Outlook 2007 and it syncs perfectly (using Intellisync Lite, by the way).

Any other possibilities? A bug in the Desktop software? Other?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.
    05-23-07 05:50 PM
    Most likely the latter, a problem with the DM software. I should have Outlook 2007 tonight, I will see if I can find anything to help you guys.
    05-23-07 10:27 PM
    I'm a bb newbie and I'm having the same problem. I have Outlook 2003 and everything is syncing fine except the calendar...that's only working from comp to bb.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to take the "this was sent from my blackberry" thing out of my email signature. I'm following the directions I've seen out there but it's not working. Any other advice?

Thanks!!
    05-23-07 11:45 PM
    Also, I can't seem to figure out how to take the "this was sent from my blackberry" thing out of my email signature. I'm following the directions I've seen out there but it's not working. Any other advice?

Thanks!!
    You have to log into your carrier's BIS page and you'll have the option there to edit your email account. You can then go in and take away the auto-signature.
    05-24-07 02:40 AM
    You have to log into your carrier's BIS page and you'll have the option there to edit your email account. You can then go in and take away the auto-signature.
    I can get to the page where it shows me what the signature says and I can highlight the signature but I can't seem to make changes to it. Am I missing something? What exactly is the BIS page?
    Thanks!!
    05-24-07 06:47 PM
    Hooray for me, I figured it out!!!

Thanks for your help.
    05-24-07 07:10 PM
    Brilliant! Am glad you did...
    05-24-07 10:04 PM
    I'm having some of the same issues except mine seem to be a little worse. My past calendar entries will just randomly vanish from my handheld and when I try to sync it back up with my Outlook, DM wants to delete everything off Outlook to match my BB. I can then choose to re-sync and it seems to copy everything back to my BB. Weird huh? I'm on BIS and not BES so I don't have the option to keep events for certain amounts of days. Has anyone else had any problems like this? Does it sound like a memory issue (in reference to the random entry deletion off my bb)?
    09-18-07 02:58 PM
    Sorry to re-activate this relatively old post, but my problems are similar. I have spent the past three ways working this issue and, more important to you all , scouring CB and Pinstack for potential solutions. Thus, I throw myself upon your collective mercy.

Facts: Using Outlook 2007 on PC, DM 4.2.2 (more on that). BIS with 8310. Two e-mail accts -- web based work and Gmail.

Four days ago, DM stopped syncing the calendar (perhaps not coincidental. Removed GCal from both my PC and BB).

My solutions. I have upgraded/downgraded DM to 4.6 (w/o MM), back to 4.5, 4.3 and, now returning to 4.2.2. No help.

I've wiped both e-mails accts from my BB (once via BB and the other via my AT&T BB website). I resent the service books. No luck.

In the process, the second, time, I managed to brick the device. No sweat. Using the great advice here , I reloaded my AT&T 4.5 software (and associated 3rd party apps). No change.

I've spent several hours re-configuring the sync on DM. DM is, in fact, syncing the address book. It is NOT syncing the Calendar, Notes or Tasks While this is ongoing, I am religiously backing up my Outlook 2007 data in case of catastrophic error.

My last thought is that, since DM is updating the address book, the problem must be in DM's inability to find the location of the calendar, notes and tasks folder on my PC. Yes, I've tried (after backing them up) deleting them, moving them, copying them, etc. No luck.

So, hope that this volume of detail helps. Would be eternally grateful is someone might have some lessons learned or, God willing, a solution.

Many thanks, ladies and gents.
    01-14-09 07:45 PM
    I hope that folks will take this in the positive, respectful context that I offer it but, rote suggestions about using the DM configuration tool, resending service books etc. aren't especially helpful. If you see from my previous post, I have tried those options and, more importantly, spent a significant amount of time here (to avoid asking the same question for the 101st time) because I did not take time to read.

P.P.S. I am well aware of the Google sync possibility. For work reasons that I cannot share here, though, syncing my calendar, contacts, etc., via OTA and Google, is not possible.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by hossra; 01-14-09 at 08:16 PM.
    01-14-09 08:13 PM
    New intel. Strange. Again, I reimported my service books. NOW, my calendar shows 3 options (my Gmail acct, my work calendar and a default) AND will sync the calendar !

Query, could I have, perhaps, reinstalled the wrong OS (BES instead of BIS ?)
    01-14-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD