I have had my BB for a year and a half and I really don't like it so much.

It irritates and perplexes me and still seems counter -intuitive unlike my many other gadgets and computers.

Here are some specific problems.

I have never been able to successfully install the software on either my XP desktop or Vista laptop. The download ever so slow would eventually time out or ... something else would go wrong with the installation. I am vague on this as it's been awhile after multiple failed attempts.

Junkmail. Why isn't there yet an efficient junkmail filter? On my bb I get every piece of junk that Outlook does not allow through.

Given the plethora of junk mail I'd like to at least delete multiple items at once, but there seems no way to do it.

The alarm - why can't it be set to more than 3 successive tones? Sometimes I require more prompting!

And... Can somebody please tell me in the simplest terms what bluetooth is? I am an educated person, yet the true definition and what it means eludes me every time. Everything I read assumes a certain basic understanding that I do not have.

Years ago when I got into computers, I learned myself, felt, explored and came to know them inside and out. Don't know why this has not occurred w/t the BB.
    08-28-08 08:55 AM
    Well you came to the right place. This place is full of experts.

I can help you out with the alarms. Try this:

BBSmart Alarms Pro - Business & Finance BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Bluetooth:

Bluetooth definition (Phone Scoop)
    08-28-08 09:00 AM
    Failed dm install are you the admin on those pc's?

Junk mail outlook is doing the work on that or exchange depending on your environment, route your mail through a gmail acct.

The bb receives its mail from your servers not from the desktop therefore no filtering has occured I am assuming you are on bis not bes. If you on bes get with your admin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 09:09 AM
    OK -- we'll try to make this simple and basic about Bluetooth:

Bluetooth is a radio-frequency (RF) communication protocol. It is very low power, and therefore very low range - typically 30 feet or less. It will connect devices such as a blackberry (or other cellphone) to a headset, a bb (or other device) to a laptop (effectively replacing a wire connection) for synchronizing, or as a wireless connection to the laptop so the laptop can use the bb (or other cellphone) as a wireless modem; it can connect a computer to a printer, a mouse to a computer, and the list goes on.

Think of it a as a low-power, short-range wireless connection for a wide-range of connections between devices. Because of its low power, it demands small batteries and therefore low weight and compact sizes for devices and yet provides long service times (example: headsets with 7-10 days of standby time, 6-8 hours of talk time).

Hope that helps.

Download problems to your computer are not a fault of the blackberry. Desktop manager downloads are indeed large, in the range of 90 to 360 mb depending on which version, but they have nothing to do with the Blackberry per se. Perhaps your ISP throttles download speeds when files of this size are downloaded, and this may cause your timeouts.
    08-28-08 09:57 AM
    I notice in the op's info he has a curve you cannot have had that for a year and a half.....and if you don't like it get an early upgrade from VZW
    08-28-08 11:48 AM
    I notice in the op's info he has a curve you cannot have had that for a year and a half.....and if you don't like it get an early upgrade from VZW
    I just noticed this as well. Do you think they posted to try to rustle some feathers?
    08-28-08 11:56 AM
    I have had my BB for a year and a half and I really don't like it so much.

It irritates and perplexes me and still seems counter -intuitive unlike my many other gadgets and computers.

Here are some specific problems.

I have never been able to successfully install the software on either my XP desktop or Vista laptop. The download ever so slow would eventually time out or ... something else would go wrong with the installation. I am vague on this as it's been awhile after multiple failed attempts.

Junkmail. Why isn't there yet an efficient junkmail filter? On my bb I get every piece of junk that Outlook does not allow through.

Given the plethora of junk mail I'd like to at least delete multiple items at once, but there seems no way to do it.

The alarm - why can't it be set to more than 3 successive tones? Sometimes I require more prompting!

And... Can somebody please tell me in the simplest terms what bluetooth is? I am an educated person, yet the true definition and what it means eludes me every time. Everything I read assumes a certain basic understanding that I do not have.

Years ago when I got into computers, I learned myself, felt, explored and came to know them inside and out. Don't know why this has not occurred w/t the BB.
    Make an educated decision....if you don't like get rid of it!
    08-29-08 05:56 AM
    Why in the world would you keep something for 1 1/2 years if you are not happy with it? My suggestion would be to get something different.
    08-29-08 06:09 AM
    I just noticed this as well. Do you think they posted to try to rustle some feathers?
    His device is listed as an 8330, but its posted under the 8830 WE forum... Could have just been a mistake by the OP?
    08-29-08 06:14 AM
    Either way having a phone for a year and a half and not liking it. Dump it and get a crappy windows phone then see how bad it gets. And if you have been jerking with computers for a while you should I hope at least understand bluetooth technology. Just my 2 cents worth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by spaciorek; 08-29-08 at 07:21 AM.
    08-29-08 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD