Hi,

I have a BB 8830 from Verizon. I have unlocked it and using it with Vodafone SIM in India for 3 years now. Last week, I had a problem with BB connectivity and I could not connect at all. I upgraded my OS with the latest patch 4.5.0.186. I did not help and I had to pop in another SIM from a friend's BB to see if it works and it worked! Now, I switch back to my SIM again and it wont work again.

The Vodafone guys suggest that it is an existing problem with Verizon phones. Once you pop in another working SIM, the first one gets permanently gets disabled. They claim that this device will never work with this phone number ever again!

By the way, I have popped in my SIM into my friend's BB and it works as well. It is just that the combination of my SIM and my 8830 wont work

Can someone help? Is there any basis to what the vodafone support guys are saying?
    05-16-11 12:17 PM
    Was the other sim you inserted by Vodafone as well?
    06-22-11 09:11 PM
    No, it was from another provider (AirTel). Any solutions?
    07-27-11 06:21 AM
    Hi, I recently bought a unlocked 8830 from eBay. When I insert my active GSM sim card,it asks me to activate and then connects me to Verizon automated machine who then asks to pay I do not want to be affiliated to them in any way.I want a phone which I only insert a GSM sim card and be connected directly. What is the issue? I am lost.

The question is HOW DO I ACTIVATE WITHOUT BEING CONNECTED TO VERIZON WIRELESS? Please help. Thanks!
    07-31-11 08:18 PM
    Hi, I recently bought a unlocked 8830 from eBay. When I insert my active GSM sim card,it asks me to activate and then connects me to Verizon automated machine who then asks to pay I do not want to be affiliated to them in any way.I want a phone which I only insert a GSM sim card and be connected directly. What is the issue? I am lost.

The question is HOW DO I ACTIVATE WITHOUT BEING CONNECTED TO VERIZON WIRELESS? Please help. Thanks!
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks!~
    07-31-11 08:19 PM
    What you are both saying is very weird. You probably have faulty phones. I have a BB 8830 on Verizon too, and I unlocked it for it to work with my SIM card in Italy. I inserted it and it worked right away, without asking for anything. Then I tried my mom's and it worked too. I inserted mine again and it was still working. I'm using 4.2 BTW, I didn't like 4.5 so I downgraded.
    Unfortunately I have no solution, as this is weird. Have you tried rebooting by taking out the battery and reinserting it? If you have, try downgrading to 4.2 even if I doubt it will solve the problem.
    08-01-11 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD