Hello,

I just bought a new 8830 WE BB. I installed the Desktop Manager on my laptop running Windows XP SP2. After I rebooted the PC (after installing Desktop Manager) and logged in, the desktop manager software recognizes my BB just fine. Now, when I simply pull the BB off of the USB cable, Desktop Manager shows "Disconnected" which make sense. I then plug my BB back into the same cable and I can no longer get back connected (ie. no PIN generated for my USB connection). I have to physically reboot the PC in order for the desktop manager to recognize my BB again. I am not changing USB ports when I try to reconnect. Simply unplugging my BB from the cable to take a call, etc. and then plugging it back in.

Is this just the way Desktop Manager should work or is there something else I am not doing?
    05-02-08 08:35 AM
    What you are seeing is not the way it should work. I can disconnect and reconnect and DTM recognizes my bb.

Do you have Blackberry Device Manager installed? Also, which version of Desktop Manager are you using? I have 4.3 installed and am also using XP SP2.
    05-02-08 08:50 AM
    Desktop manager version is 4.2.2.12. (Mar 19 2007).

Thank you.

Steve
    05-02-08 08:58 AM
    When you click Help About on your PC Desktop Manager, and select components, do you see Blackberry device manager listed? If not, I think that is your problem. You might want to upgrade to Desktop Manager 4.3. It will work fine with your configuration. I don't remember what the install options are, but be sure to install blackberry device manager if asked.
    05-02-08 09:03 AM
    yes i do have it, Device Manager is 4.2.2.6. I will get 4.3 update to Desktop Manager. Thank you for your help.

Steve
    05-02-08 09:09 AM
    Steve: I just searched the forum and found this. Sorry I didn't do that earlier. Look at it before you do anything else.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/usb...ognized-29635/
    05-02-08 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD