Hey,
    Despite what all the sales folks told me, synching my 8830 with Act 2008 (via Companionlink) will not work. The problem seems to be with the address book. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, what's the work-around?

Can I synch Act with Outlook, and then synch Outlook with the 8830 (bypassing the Act/Companionlink system)?

This is a major issue due to my travel schedule. Any advice is appreciated.
    09-18-07 10:20 AM
    I am able to use CompanionLink with Act 2008, although I notice that not all of my calendar entries sync properly. It seems to leave out some entries randomly. Other than that, it is working. From time to time, I have to have it read the entire ACT database from my PC instead of performing a Quick Sync. Here are some of the settings that I had to play with in order to get it to work right: When you click the Synchronize button on Blackberry Desktop Manager, have you unchecked Synchronize Organizer Data? Also in CompanionLink Settings, Category Manager, make sure your transfer method is set (I use Add ACT info to the Handheld). In Category Field, I have selected ID Status. In Field Mapping, make sure you have mapped the fields the way you want them, especially for the Address Book. These may be different from the Field Mapping in the Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    09-24-07 01:07 PM
    I spent a lot of time on the phone with Companionlink, ACT, Blackberry, and Verizon tech support, and the final conclusion was that the systems weren't compatible. As it stands now I'm using Outlook as the middleman. All is updating fine except for the Contacts. I have to import a text file to have my ACT contacts match my Outlook (and BB) Contacts. A pain I can live with for now.
    09-26-07 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD