Dearest Crackberry.com forum peoples, I bought my blackberry 8830 in August so I would have the Coolest phone for school..Well seeing how I have no idea how to run this technical piece of machinery I just use it for texting and phone calls lol.. Kinda a waste! I need all the help I can get! Ive looked through the forums and tryed reading and UNDERSTANDING what people have to say about problems like this but I have the reading level of like a 5th grader and most of everything doesnt make sence. So I'm asking you all nicely to give me all the beginner tips, things I need on my phone.. Reccomended themes, games and anything else THAT SHOULD BE ON THIS PHONE
    Also I have these should be common sence questions..
    Assigning a ringtone to a contact.. Meaning for texting aswell..Shouldnt be a problem but what I have tryed doesnt work! please help

Thanks much, Josh
    03-12-08 12:27 AM
    03-12-08 12:53 AM
    Sunkast, sick links for things to do... Thanks!
    03-12-08 01:00 AM
    Welcome to CB
    Feel free to ask questions and try out those links posted above.
    03-12-08 05:28 AM
    Welcome to CB, Pistachio!
    03-12-08 05:31 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 05:35 AM
    Wow..Thankyou all for the warm welcome! Also thanks for the links ive looked through them and things are gettin better.

I asked this question earlier.. Just checked through the forums some and I havent found a simple awnser on how to set ringtones to my friends for texting and calls.. if you dont understand my problem cause I might just be a ***** and have no common sence.. but idk here it is.

So I scroll down my contact list and I pick out Bob schmidt..I press the menu buttion to the left of the scroll ball and it brings up a list of diffrent options.. Scrolling down the list I see add custom phone tune...I select that option and it brings me to a list of my ringtones so I choose smooth criminal and a notification thing pops up saying ! custom Phone time set.. I click ok on that and im back to my list of contacts.. Ok i thought the problem was solved here but then Bob sends me a text and I dont hear smoothcriminal but rather Angel..This so happens to be my active profile "out of school"..and is my Sms text message notifier.. Please walk me through this like your trying to explain this to a 12 year old.. Thanks much guys!

Josh
    03-12-08 10:13 PM
    Why do neither of your memory links not work?
    Other than that Great post and info!!!!
    Welcome ot the CB!!!
    03-12-08 10:28 PM
    Both BlackBerryFAQ.com and blackberryforums.com have gone MIA today. No clue why. Just know that it's not just you that can't get to them.
    03-12-08 10:44 PM
    Both BlackBerryFAQ.com and blackberryforums.com have gone MIA today. No clue why. Just know that it's not just you that can't get to them.
    Thanks.. I thought i was losing it.. I have had it with computers... thought this one was going out. Thanks man
    03-12-08 10:54 PM
    Those two sites are still down. congrats crackberry! You guys are great, i don;t have to worry about this!
    03-14-08 01:14 PM
    I have BB 8830, too. A book, BlackBerry
    for Dummies is very helpful.
    Good News, new book on market,
    BlackBerry Make Simple for newest models. it will be helpful too

03-14-08 06:57 PM

BBF had a major hard drive crash, that message was up for a few min, but now it just says we wil be back up shortly.

I am a CBer 1st, but i like the BBF as well, thay are very friendly and knowledgeable there as well.

You can see, some of the BBF regulars are making their way here for now,

pinstack is crappy, i go there a little, to sell stuff. Most(not all) of the staff is horrible, with a few exceptions.
    03-14-08 07:02 PM
    How long does it take to bring back a hard drive. Someone is going to get canned for not the proper backups. Lol

03-14-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD