So I travel frequently.. I use the 8830 on Sprint in the US and an 8320 abroad because the GSM on the 8830 only works on some gsm frequencies. I used to get pissed when I was without my berry! lol

Anyway.. here is the issue.. I stored by 8830 away in its holster and put it away while traveling. When i took it out the other day I saw that the battery was almost dead. I turned off all connections and no other programs were running! So I charged it fully. The BB was stored away for about a week during which I never even touched it. Now, as I was getting ready to head out tomorrow, I happened to take out the berry only to find it COMPLETELY dead.. would not turn on at all. I also started to notice a while back that my battery would seem to die down rather quickly with very little (almost no) activity!

Anyone have any idea what is using up my battery life? I mean no connections, in holster, no apps running... shouldn't I still have battery left?

Thanks in advance.. and yay for getting back to my BIS!
    04-30-08 10:22 PM
    There could be various reasons why. First, what OS are you running? Most who have experienced your problem are usually running the initial or early versions of the OS (4.2.2.123). By updating your OS, it might fix your problem. If that doesn't fix it, then it might be a hardware defect. Talk to your carrier and see what options you have available with regards to maybe swapping your 8830.
    04-30-08 11:29 PM
    Are you turning it off before you store it? With a BB turning it isn't even really turning it off. It's more like suspend. The battery only lasts maybe a max of a week in standby mode. Standard sleep (while in holster, but not turned off) will last about 4 days or so not touched. Depends on how many emails you get. Turning off the radio will help last longer on battery while stored, but you need to understand that there will always be a drain on the battery charge if the battery is in the BB.
    05-01-08 08:34 AM
    There could be various reasons why. First, what OS are you running? Most who have experienced your problem are usually running the initial or early versions of the OS (4.2.2.123). By updating your OS, it might fix your problem. If that doesn't fix it, then it might be a hardware defect. Talk to your carrier and see what options you have available with regards to maybe swapping your 8830.
    Thanks! I've been meaning to update the OS anyway!

JRSCCivic98 --> I usually just make it go to sleep.. wasn't sure how long it would last in holster.. Thanks for the info!
    05-01-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD