then i realized i havent put the media card in
    then i got the media card out of the lil box
    and i read the manual how to put it in
    its in the back of it.
    it says remove the battery cover by pushing it
    i keep pushing it and try to remove the cover, but it wont budge
    any help :'(
    06-08-07 11:43 PM
    The battery cover on my 8800 was very stubborn also. You just have to push down on the top of the tab, and then try to slide the battery door down. You may have to use just a little muscle, but not too much.
    06-09-07 05:47 AM
    Nblu....welcome to the den of hopeless crackberry fiends.

At the beginning of the hysteria over the 8830, one brave forum member recorded a video about his new phone that includes a BRILIANT demonstration of how to get the battery cover off without hurting yourself.

It can be found here on his blog page.

Dental ramblings.

Click to run the video with the mountain range depicted and you will get to the battery cover demonstration.
    06-09-07 10:15 AM
    wow that just made my life so much easier. Watch the video. I don't think I wouldve been able to get the cover off without it.
    06-15-07 05:34 AM
    I was doing the same thing when I first got my phone. I was trying to check things out, but could not open the battery door. I of course assumed that I was doing something wrong. So the next day, I went to the Verizon Store and had the sales rep show me how!
    10-24-07 06:10 PM
    Yeah I had the same problem! It's really a pain, I must have played with it for 15 mins before I finally got it.
    Now though it seems the leftside of my BB doesnt' sit flush with the sides. You can tell by looking at it but if you feel it, you can feel where the 2 aren't flush. Also the silver rail on the left side onthe bottom seems to creek (not sure if that is the right word) when i push on it. Its like can feel it push in like the plastic on say a remote control. It's very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? i means it's not bad and physically you cant see anythig but i am just very particular about things like that.
    any help would be appreciated!
    10-25-07 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD