Does anyone know how to keep the backlight on when the instrument is charging? It doesn't make sense to turn the backlight off when the Blackberry is connected to an external power source.
    07-14-08 12:10 PM
    No way to do that.

And it makes perfect sense... do you want the light to keep you up at night when you charge it? No other phone does this either. However, I agree that when in a car and you have it plugged in and maybe using the display for something, it should keep it on... i.e. for GPS and such, but that's the only time I could see anyone benefiting from such a feature.
    07-14-08 12:13 PM
    Maybe this program could be of help?

That would be about the only use I would have this program for with the 8830.

SourceForge.net: Files

This explains how to install it if you arent into doing that sort of thing.

http://blackberry8130.files.wordpres...htoptions1.jpg
    07-14-08 09:55 PM
    I actually want it to do the opposite.

For some reason my Pearl 8100, the back light stays on almost all the time while charging. If I put the phone in standby mode it will wake itself up almost immediately. The backlight timer will kick in ever so often and turn the light off, but then it will wake it back up again. It almost seems like it is an application running in the background that causes the screen to wake up. But this only happens while charging.

This only happens while charging, it happens with every charger. The only way that I have found to keep the screen off permanently is to place a magnet over the 0 key so that the phone thinks it is in a holster. I actually keep a magnet by my bed to do this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is annoying, I have had it for almost a year and just assumed this was a "feature" or something.
    07-20-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD