HI-
    I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on backing up your phone when you are linked to a BES server. I know everything is backed up on the server and all you need to do is an enterprise activation and everything will sync. However, what if you get fired from a job abd one of the first things they do is clear your phone? What would you do proactively to still have all of your info? To my knowledge, the 8830 WE doesnt have Get it Now so you cant run the back-up assistant. Would Google Sync do the job? If so, what about my different contacts for my gmail and BES contacts? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help.
    05-04-09 11:54 AM
    I've never heard of Get It Now. I'm a BES user, and I make regular backups using the Backup function in Desktop Manager. You can do the same. Unless, of course, your IT policy doesn't allow you to use USB to connect to Desktop Manager. I've never heard of that, but I suppose it's possible.
    05-04-09 11:10 PM
    get it now is a VZN app that allows you to download VZN extras. One of the extras is the back up assistant. I also back-up on my computer, but my point is if I get fired, I will not have access to my computer or the server. Soooowhat do I do? I appreciate your responce.
    05-05-09 02:54 PM
    I wouls make regular PST backups from Outlook. If you get fired open the PST at home using Outlook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 05:15 PM
    get it now is a VZN app that allows you to download VZN extras. One of the extras is the back up assistant. I also back-up on my computer, but my point is if I get fired, I will not have access to my computer or the server. Soooowhat do I do? I appreciate your responce.
    You don't need any extras. Just install DM on your home computer and backup your BB there.
    05-05-09 06:25 PM
    I agree with using using Desktop Manager on your home PC to backup your device. If your BES administrator remotly wipes your device (which they can), you can selectivly restore your addressbook and contents later.

No need for a third party application.
    05-06-09 11:47 AM
    How do you get the backed up data if they wipe and take your device?

05-06-09 11:53 AM
    How do you get the backed up data if they wipe and take your device?

Use ABC. It has a free trial. ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor

Parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor.
    05-06-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD