I just got my 8830 yesterday from Verizon and so far I love it. I have one question though, what should the average battery life be? It was charged 100% this morning when I left my house and now its down to 45%. Granted I do use it a good bit for texting and talking on jivetalk but I don't think the battery should have drained that much. I don't think the battery on my 8703e drained this fast.
    12-01-07 04:09 PM
    I'd say turn off things that you don't use, like GPS & Bluetooth.

Plus, if it's new, it might take a few days for the battery to 'kick into full gear'...
    12-01-07 05:25 PM
    I just got my 8830 yesterday from Verizon and so far I love it. I have one question though, what should the average battery life be? It was charged 100% this morning when I left my house and now its down to 45%. Granted I do use it a good bit for texting and talking on jivetalk but I don't think the battery should have drained that much. I don't think the battery on my 8703e drained this fast.
    Doesnt sound too bad to me.
    Data uses battery too. and if you are texting, the display is on. Dunno, I am ok with my phone being at 25% or less at the end of the day, the battery is there to use.
    <shrug>
    I charge my phone overnight, and by the end of the day my battery is anywhere between 25%-50%. If it gets too low and I think of it I plug it into the truck, but I rarely need to do that.
    12-01-07 06:03 PM
    Under the GPS options what should the GPS Data Source be? Blackberry 8830 or Device GPS? And GPS service should that be 911 only, or location on?

Trying to figure which uses less battery.

But I use my 8830 constantly thruout the day, I use BB Messenger alot, and jivetalk a few hours of the day and i txt a ton, if my battery is 100% when i leave after a heavy day of inet usage i notice it kills the battery far more than just talking on the phone and not txting at all.. I was home sick for a few days and had my laptop handy i didnt have to charge my battery for 3 days,

who knows heh
    12-02-07 12:07 AM
    Mine will usually last at least the whole day if not 2. I use it quite a bit all day for texting, browsing and IM - not too many calls. Usually after work I'm down only about halfway. Like everyone said, turn off things you dont use and don't run excess apps.
    12-02-07 01:00 PM
    Your 8830 should last you 2, 3 days max with normal usage (some talk time, browsing, text, GPS etc.) If you find your battery draining quick, do a hard reset (take the battery out while it's on) If that doesn't solve your problem, take it to your carrier and see what they can do for you. I had the same problem, I did a hard reset and it was a temporary fix, after the reset, it lasted 2.5 days now it's back to one day and it's at 10%. I talked to a Bell representative and he said his and other co-workers lasted almost 3 days, so I'm taking mine in to see if I can get a new battery (if it's a battery issue) or do a swap (possible phone issue)

(maybe next time I should wait awhile after the release, instead of going out to buy it the first day it came out =p)
    12-02-07 01:05 PM
    Do all of up not thave acsess to an AC outlet? Mine gets down to 45% or sometimes lower with normal usage, but I charge it at night and it is fine. If I really didn't use it I might get down to 75% and then 25% the next day. Then I charge it up that night. If you don't have acsess to a charger for a long period of time, then you could consider buying a spare battery, or an extended battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-07 01:48 PM
    I charge mine everyday, i read blackberry's love to be TOPPED off so screw it, charge it every night and when i go out its 100% if im in need of power I got a car charger. =)
    12-02-07 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD