A few weeks ago there was a thread here regarding audiobooks and podcasts. At the time, no one seemed to know of a good media player for the 8830 that utilizes bookmarks. I was just wondering if anyone has come up with anything?

Jason
    04-02-08 04:00 PM
    Simple Book Player by Kavod Software available at Handango.
    04-09-08 10:55 AM
    Wait for the new project tango from the makers of viigo, free and should be nice, the ability to subscribe to podcasts and all.
    04-09-08 01:11 PM
    Wait for the new project tango...

That looks very interesting, any idea when it's coming?

Jason
    04-09-08 01:27 PM
    Hopefully in may, heres a little more info. If you don't use Viigo now try it out its free.

Home | Viigo | Living Life Untethered

special crackberry viigo edition! Viigo & CrackBerry

CTIA Wireless 2008: Viigos Project Tango Unveiled! | CrackBerry.com
    04-09-08 01:58 PM
    Viigo Tango looks really cool! However, you'll still need a player for your audiobooks. So, I still recommend Simple Book Player.
    04-09-08 04:04 PM
    Viigo Tango looks really cool! However, you'll still need a player for your audiobooks. So, I still recommend Simple Book Player.
    Hopefully we won't have to purchase an aftermarket player to listen to podcasts. The media player now doesn't play audiobooks or podcasts? If you put them on your sd card with DM it won't play them?

Just wondering.
    04-09-08 05:17 PM
    I bought it and loaded it and can't figure out how to get it to play my books (which do show up on the screen, so I know it can see them).

Unless someone replies with a good explanation, consumers beware!
    04-09-08 10:37 PM
    I bought it and loaded it and can't figure out how to get it to play my books (which do show up on the screen, so I know it can see them).

Unless someone replies with a good explanation, consumers beware!
    What digital format are your books in? Do they have a DRM on them. They need to be unprotected. They files might need to be in MP3 format as well. Finally, make sure the books are in the right folder.
    04-26-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD