07-29-09 12:34 PM
55 123
tools
    I downloaded Pod Trapper. I have played with it some and occasionally run into problems probably due to my error or the interface is a little picky. But Pod Trapper looks terrific and does bookmarks. Also Mr. Watkins has been very prompt and kind in answering my plaintive email. Its Pod Trapper at versatilemonkey(dot)com and it works with almost all audio files and it does podcasts but I haven't even thought about doing anything with that. You get a free one month trial of Pod Trapper then it is $10 - however, I am fairly certain that it would not do Audible DRM/copyright formatted audio books
    04-07-09 11:32 AM
    I did not read this whole thread so my comments may already have been written. I use "Simple Book Player" from handango ($9.95) and it works very well. Has an auto resume rather than a bookmark function which works well. If you reset your phone it usually drops back a few minutes so you should look at the minute count before you reset. I also use a free mp3 converter PC application that converts MP3 books into a mp4 single file and then I put the book on my media card. I simply rent mp3 books from the library, burn them to my pc, put the book on my blackberry and return the mp3 book to the library. This works great for me.
    05-21-09 11:43 AM
    I too love listening to audio books. I have been a member of Audible for about 5 years. Their concept is fantastic - their execution and customer service are "Awful". I have been using an iPod for about 4 years to listen to my books. I got a Storm about 5 months ago and was estatic to see Audible offer AudibleAir for Blackberry (especially since my iPod crashed a few weeks ago). I know some members have used AudibleAir with no problems - but there does exist some major ones. I have downloaded AudibleAir 6 times and it has only partly worked once. I couldn't get it to work with Blackberry Manager, didn't show a player when it did work and the rest of the time it showed a 'Rotate Screen' on the beginning screen. I called Audible and told the first CS Rep. that I had installed it and the problem - to which he said 'no problem' go to this sight. I thanked him and did just that. He had sent me back to the download page again. I called back and the second Rep. was nicer and seemed to want to help. I explained the problem and how happy I was that they had offered Blackberry compatability and about my iPod. She made an off hand remark about iPods (these are the same people that offered the 'Otis' as the main player when they started LOL). She then had me uninstall/reinstall again. Same results - 'Rotate Screen', did it again - same results. She excused herself for a moment and came back to tell me "yeah, we are having problems with AudibleAir and no solutions are available at this time". I asked if they would notify me when a solution was found and she said 'no - just keep checking back'. Don't waste your time with AudibleAir, get a converter, convert to mp3 and get a player with book mark capabilities and you'll have alot less headache than dealing with Audible.
    07-25-09 11:40 AM
    I've been working [communicating] with Audible for a couple of months. Yes, the app is not great, but does work. Download the app from audible.com/bb [& you might need to do a battery pull to see the icon] . What I do is select a book and download to the Audible Manager & xfer via USB [not the BB Desk Top manager]. For what ever reason it xfers to the BB "SD" and not the Mass Storage, so from Windows Explorer I cut/paste to the mass storage [there should be a Audible folder under music]. Using the BB button choose "local library" and you should then see the books. Also you'll need to add the device AND activate to listen. There are "bookmarks" that you can see in the file [via windows explorer] which are the .pos [position] files. I'd suggest that when you're "finished" [that is, going to do something else] to exit the application, which initiates the .pos and also prevents the Audible from playing when email or other similar applications open. Sounds like a lot of trouble, but not much. One other thing that I'd recommend is "Storm Rotation Wizard" which enables locking in Portrait which is a big help as Audible doesn't like landscape. The buttons don't work great, and there are a few other PITA, but Audible is working on improvements.
    Last edited by Myronbg; 07-26-09 at 05:03 PM.
    07-26-09 05:00 PM
    This site has some audiobook links that I have found and put in one place. You have to join this site, post 10 times and then you get access to another forum that has the audiobooks.
    malicenfzbb.lefora.com
    Everyone is welcome.
    07-29-09 12:34 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD