Is there any way to be able to check out the internet on the 8830 and watch vids? ... Without having to d/l a vid converter to your comp and go back and forth?? Just trying to watch some mpg and stuff over youtube and all them websites... Thanks.
    01-16-08 09:26 AM
    Nope, all OSs prior to 4.3 do not have any steaming codecs. Even 4.3 has issues playing videos streight out form the browser. Suck, I agree with you. It's like RIM built the BB to do email and forgot about everything else. Heck, it doesn't even do HTML email at that. RIM needs to step up big time in 2008. (Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but it's true.)
    01-16-08 09:34 AM
    It's like RIM built the BB to do email and forgot about everything else. Heck, it doesn't even do HTML email at that. RIM needs to step up big time in 2008.
    Uh, yea, that is exactly what they did.
    You will see HTML in 2008.

(Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but it's true.)
    lol, not YOU!
    01-16-08 09:39 AM
    Everyone needs to remember that for years, Blackberry devices have been primarily a business tool. They concentrated on Email because that's what was most important for so long. As they get more and more popular as consumer/social devices, RIM will advance as needed. I personally think they are fantastic devices that are improving nicely.
    01-16-08 09:40 AM
    Agreed Chaz, I agree. I personally would rather a solidly working device with sucky video than a crappy working with device that I can't depend on for the other 95% of its functions.
    01-16-08 09:52 AM
    I agree as well. Coming from a Palm Treo 700p that played great vids but broke down on me every 4 hrs or so... Im much happier with the 8830...
    01-16-08 10:09 AM
    The problem with the Palm Treos is the Palm OS. It blows. From everyone I know people with 700wx have had better stability then with the Palm based ones.

Anyway, HTML email needs to hurry up and get here already. I like getting my email reliably too, but I like to be able to read the email as well, which is simply too hard if there's a lot of HTML code in it.
    01-16-08 07:20 PM
    try using video search to watch You Tube videos
    01-16-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD