I am looking for a way to assign one key on my 8830 to dial a symbol and a numbers code to access my VM after I have already dialed a call into the system. My convenience button is already assigned to voice dialing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    01-25-08 10:38 AM
    You could add the VM number to your address book, then assign it a letter on your keyboard for speed dial. Just hold down that letter when you want to quickly dial your VM.
    01-25-08 11:23 AM
    I have a speed dial created for my work voicemail. You can follow the same steps, obviously substituting your vmail number (don't call your number, call the access or 'back door' number). Here's how:

1. Create a new contact in your BB Address Book and give it any name.

2. In one of the phone fields, put in the access number for the system, and then use the Add Pause function (click wheel or menu key and then click Add Pause), your extension number, and your password as you would enter it if you called in manually. For example, let's say my access number is 800-123-4567, my extension is 9874, and my password is 5612. Here's what my entry would look like:

8001234567p*p9874#pp5612#

Make sure you don't actually type in the letter 'p' - need to make sure you use 'Add Pause'.

- Each pause is 2 seconds.
    - My system requires the * to log in
    - My system requires a # after the extension and password

3. Save the Address Book contact and go to the main screen.

4. To assign to a Speed Dial key, press and hold whatever key you want to use. Should get a prompt to 'Assign a Spped Dial to...'. Click Yes.

5. Find the contact you created above, highlight it, click the Menu button, and click 'Add Speed Dial to.....'

This allows me to call into my voicemail and get all the way logged into the system with 1 touch of a button.
    01-25-08 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD