Can you load applications onto the media card or do they all have to go in the device mem??? On my old Palm 650 and my TX, I could load apps or media onto the card and save the space in device mem. The apps would run straight off the card. I've heard this could be done on a BB, but no joy in finding out how-to! It's a PITA to have to delete something, just to load something new. Understand mem limits, but with 4, 8, 16 Gig sitting there?!?!
    Thanks!
    8830WE Alltel/Verizon/Whoever they happen to be this week
    05-27-09 09:02 AM
    You canNOT run applications from the media card.

There is a program that allows you to store what I'll call the install-module for applications on the card and then basically RE-install them if you have deleted them to add new apps. Some folks use it but many don't like it. I think it is by "aerize" or similar.

You are definitely not the first to think BB's need this ability!
    05-27-09 09:17 AM
    Don't learn/get nothing if ya don't ask for it. Reckon BB doesn't see it as issue, but, it would sure would be nice! Just another thing I liked about Palm, real Palm devices. Maybe one day...in a galaxy far, far away...

Anyone know if any of the new BBs will be "no camera" devices? Can't have camera phone @ work, and all of the new devices have'em.

If I can just get the slippers off that little girl...and her dog too!
    05-27-09 10:20 AM
    Only recent non-cam BB I've seen is an 8350i variant from Nextel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 10:24 AM
    ya, and before the 8350i is the 88xx series
    05-27-09 10:26 AM
    Have an 8830, but keep hearing noises about no support for it. Alltel just came out w/4.5.0.138. Had heard they weren't gonna upgrade OS for 8830 cause it's old and nobody uses it...that's their story! Was starting to look for next device, but as long as I can upgrade my 8830, guess it'll have to keep on trucking!
    05-27-09 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD