Relatively new user. I love my BB, however, I am concerned about not enough memory. I don't have that many applications that I have added but I checked my file free status at options/status and file free is only 298,851 bytes while file total is 47,841,280 bytes.

Is there a way to find how much memory each application is using so that I can make a decision to remove memory hog applications.

Also, is the correct way to delete an application to go to options/advanced options/applications. Highlight the application and select delete. Does this remove the entire application without any other steps? Does this work for all applications?

Thanks for any help!!!
    05-21-08 05:09 PM
    Hit Options, Status, Scroll to File Free, Hit Menu, Database Sizes. You'll find the hog.

Hint, set your message folder to only keep 60-30 days of messages. Make sure no music or pics were accidnetaly stored on device vs media card. Delete unneccesary apps.

Yes, you are correct on how to delet apps. IT gets rid of everything specific to that app.
    05-21-08 06:06 PM
    05-21-08 06:09 PM
    Hit Options, Status, Scroll to File Free, Hit Menu, Database Sizes. You'll find the hog.

Hint, set your message folder to only keep 60-30 days of messages. Make sure no music or pics were accidnetaly stored on device vs media card. Delete unneccesary apps.

Yes, you are correct on how to delet apps. IT gets rid of everything specific to that app.
    Thanks for the information. I knew it had to be there somewhere!

My biggest memory hog is Content Store at 496.3K This sounds like something I should not touch. I am assuming BB related. Does anyone have information about what this might be and if I can/should remove it.
    05-21-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD