Howdy - I have an 8830, 4.5.0.138 Verizon, DM at 4.6. I wanted to remove a few programs, and review what I had on the unit, using the DM application loader. The routine starts, but when it is reading applications, I get a Windows box which states "Handheld Application Loader Wizard has stopped working". Synch works OK, Backup works OK. I just recently upgraded to the Verizon 4.5 OS. I got the idea from some other threads that I would need to do a Handheld Wipe.....really? If so, what is the best thread which gives a comprehensive routine for the wipe, preserving as much as possible of personalization, data, 3rd party apps. Thanks a million.....
    05-20-09 07:21 PM
    I had an issue kind of like that when I was doing a backup to keep a copy of all my 3rd party apps.. I completely uninstalled the DM and re installed it and it fixed the app loader error. I would also suggest to downloading DM 4.7 from BlackBerry as it is the latest one out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:06 PM
    Well, that did it! I uninstalled the DM (4.6), and installed 4.7, and app loader is just fine. I think that it would not have mattered what version of DM I reloaded. Thanks for the tip.
    05-21-09 06:36 PM
    No problem... And it probably wouldn't have, its just a good idea incase its one of the bugs in a previous version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD