I'm trying to update the device sofware from 4.2 to 4.5 in my 8820 because it seems to be aproblem with it, it's showing the "battery crossed with red line" error and I know for a fact that the battery is working fine. I'm trying to wipe my device with the JL_Cmder v1.9.1 but won't connect so I'm running the "loader.exe /nojvm" from the command prompt. The "Load JVM and system software" stage gets completed with no hesitation but when it comes to "Wait for device inicialization", I get this error:

"Application loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect yout device, enter password, if requiered, and retry"

And everything stops there. I have done everything I can think about, removing battery, plug and unplug the USB cable several times and always end up with the same error. What can I do, PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    02-24-10 10:30 AM
    Well if your battery is showing up like that maybe you should let it charge for awhile and then try again.try charging with the ac adapter not thru usb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 08:35 PM
    I am aware of these command line utils, however I have not needed them to reboot a nuked berry.

Instead, try using DM5.

Connect the device and then launch DM5. It may offer to install an OS and will go through the same process as the command line util. However, this approach is more automated and there is less chance of user error. It may take a little longer because it downloads files.

There is another possibility. Is your USB connector in the BB broken?
    03-17-10 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD