Recently updated my Blackberry 8800 to version 4.5.0.110, but at the end of the update process, I received this message (posted from the App Loader log):

"[10] [21:58:57:259] [Loader] [0x00000218] [Loader.cpp:4323] Warnings: Application data could not be restored to the device. The backup data file has been saved to "C:\Documents and Settings\[...]\My Documents\LoaderBackup-(2009-03-21).ipd". You can use the Desktop Manager Backup/Restore tool to restore this information."

However, when I went to this location, the only ipd file that was there was one from December 2008. Now my Blackberry has reverted to its out-of-the-box settings (i.e., basic icons, basic theme, no email addresses set up, etc.). All of my third-party applications are still loaded, but my settings have been wiped clean. Is there any way to find the above mentioned file or is there another way to restore my Blackberry settings?

Thanks.

EDIT: Now my phone is stuck on a reset loop. It starts up for a few minutes, then randomly resets itself and then starts up again after about 2-3 mins. I've searched my entire computer for *.ipd and only came up with the backup file from December 2008.
    Last edited by Adge23; 03-21-09 at 11:47 PM. Reason: wanted to make subject title more specific
    03-21-09 10:48 PM
    Seems like the dm did not properly create a backup during the process of the os upgrade. I always make a backup before I do any os upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 12:08 AM
    Well, although I didn't do a manual backup before the OS upgrade (I knew I should've done one, but I stupidly figured everything would be fine), I did do a manual backup after the OS upgrade but before it started this reset loop thing. Now it won't stay on long enough for me to restore it, though. Am I going to have to wipe it clean using some third-party software and then restore it?

EDIT: Still stuck in a perpetual reboot cycle? Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT 2: When I take my SDmicro card out, the reboot cycle stops. Is there any way to fix this problem? Also, I lost my downloaded applications, and while I have been able to reinstall facebook, I'm unable to download Gmail, Google Maps, or Opera Mini.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Adge23; 03-25-09 at 09:24 AM. Reason: new problems discovered
    03-22-09 12:17 AM
    [QUOTE=... All of my third-party applications are still loaded, but my settings have been wiped clean. Is there any way to find the above mentioned file or is there another way to restore my Blackberry settings?

[/QUOTE]

I downloaded new OS for my Curve 8530 this week. Same thing happened. All of my settings were wiped clean. My third-party applications are still loaded, but all settings and data (i.e. Lister & Photo Note) are gone. My desktop manager did create a back-up file, but I have no idea how to find these individual data files and restore them.

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.
    03-25-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD