Ha. I guess I did "have it stolen" so I could get my berry! No, seriously I'm a teacher and I left my sk3 on my desk. Well, one of my students decided they wanted it more than me and after lunch it was gone. I was upset that a student swiped it but I had been surfing crackberry for a while and wanted to try out a berry. Worked out well I'd say. Now, my Berry doesnt leave my pocket too long. My students have asked me about it and asked if they could see it. NOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYY JOSE!

I like both my Curve and 8800. I like my Curve for the media capabilities. I have downloaded lots of video and during my breaks I pop my earphones in and watch Boondocks! I like my 8800 for its feel. For some reason I can type faster on that keyboard. Its also heavier and feels solid in my hand. The media applications are OK not great. Like, with the Curve you can see your video in full screen mode vs the 8800 you have the border. Currently I have my 8800 running. At faculty meetings everyone whips out their treo or iphones I have my 8800 and can check the prinicpals emails in a snap. She actually sends me email directly to my tmo address.
    03-13-08 08:04 AM
    What is a form factor keyboard on the 8800 series?
    03-16-08 11:35 AM
    What is a form factor keyboard on the 8800 series?
    I believe it has something to do with the keyboard spacing and width of the device. The 88XX has keys that are closer together vs the 83XX has spaced out keys. Some prefer the more spaced out Curve due to their big fingers. I have both the 88XX and Curve but I type faster on the 8800.
    03-16-08 05:53 PM
    For me it was a decision based on needing GPS, and deciding between a camera or Wi-Fi (88xx VS 83xx). I chose the Curve as the cost/benefit when the rebate kicked in pushed it to the Curve. For most people, the 88xx is really an Enterprise product. Personally, I could do without the camera as it really isn't that good and would prefer Wi-Fi.
    03-25-08 11:04 PM
    Hey all, I'm glad this thread is still alive. Well, after all this time has passed, so has my fickle 'grass is greener' syndrome.
    My 8820 is in Oslo, Norway. I am not. I'm typing from an unlocked Curve, rockin the 4.3 wi-fi.
    Since I didn't want to lose GPS capabilities, I also picked up a keychain GPS unit. It's small enough to be with me all the time, and isn't the pain I thought it would be. When I want GPS, I just flip the switch and enable bluetooth. That's it. There are 2 downsides, neither of which is too bad. 1. The keychain takes significantly longer to "find itself" than the 8320, but when it does it holds the signal fine. (BTW, this is the Freedom 2k) 2. The 8820 and 8310 will peg you within 3m, while the keychain will only commit to 20m. I assume this is because your bluetooth keychain could be across the room while you're reading the signal. However since google maps sat view was able to find me on top of a turn arrow (exactly where I was), I think its pretty adequate.
    So there. I'm back to a Curve. Liking the keyboard and size, and trying my best for incognito black with a Seidio rubberized hard case.
    I don't miss the 8820, but am looking forward to RIMs next new iterations.

Sleep well,
    Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 11:47 PM
    Cool. I'm back on my 8800 this week. I'm on vacation in San Francisco and needed the gps. Got me right to where I needed to go today! On the plane I watched a few videos on the Curve but once I landed I turned the 8800 on. Is the new Tmobile 8820 both gps and wi fi?

03-26-08 06:03 PM
    I've been using flip phones for years, then for some reason I switched to a BB the 7130e. I like it for what it can do once i get everything to the way i want it. I'm thinking in the near future to upgrade to a pearl or curve. Don't know yet.
    03-26-08 06:22 PM
    I had the 8800 and went to the curve 8320 with a GPS puck. I won't go back!
    03-26-08 06:28 PM
    I prefer the keypad on the 8800 series over the curv as the feel cheap to me, but if the curv came in gloss black then i would definatly get it
    03-27-08 06:09 AM
    Whats a gps puk? And does the wi fi only work in a wi fi signal area??
    03-27-08 06:12 AM
    I don't wish I got a Curve. I like the size, shape and feel of my 88 and I don't need a camera.
    I agree...no use of a phone camera this way!!!!
    03-27-08 08:28 AM
    I'm actually the reverse. I wish the 8800 was the size of the Cuve, same keypad layout and I wouldn't mind losing the camera for WiFi to go with the GPS.

I may actually order me an 8800 this weekend:-)
    03-27-08 09:05 AM
    Cool. I'm back on my 8800 this week. I'm on vacation in San Francisco and needed the gps. Got me right to where I needed to go today! On the plane I watched a few videos on the Curve but once I landed I turned the 8800 on. Is the new Tmobile 8820 both gps and wi fi?

Yes, the T-Mobile 8820 has both WiFi & GPS
    03-29-08 10:38 PM
    I have a Curve and I wish I would have gone with aN 8800, the camera is crappy and I like the style of the 8800 better.

03-30-08 11:31 AM
    My 8800 contract with ATT is about to end. Verizon just announced the 8330 Curve (available in May) with GPS, EVDO mobile broadband, and enterprise friendly BES support. Of course, the Curve also has the enhanced media player (over the 8800), camera, smaller form factor, etc.

Verizon's mobile broadband network may eliminate the WiFi requirement. Verizon doesn't have the worldwide coverage that ATT has, but Verizon's national mobile broadband coverage is good enough for me. If ATT had a mobile broadband Blackberry, I'd consider it, but for now, I'm seriously considering 8330.... And it comes in Black and Titanium.
    04-03-08 11:24 PM
    I almost got the Curve but held out for the release of the 8820 back in September. I wanted wi-fi and gps as the 8310 did not have both. I never used the camera on my Pearl so I realized that was not a deciding factor.

04-04-08 12:04 AM
    I guess i just dont understand why people complain so much about suretype. i guess it was a bit easier for me to learn coming from other vzw phones using t9word on a standard keypad, but if you have ever typed on an actual keyboard you should know where the keys are place on a qwerty keyboard. Just pay attention to the keys and type away, suretype is basically 99% accurate.
    04-13-08 12:53 PM
    Guess I need to go back and check my homework. I thought the Curve came GPS internal just like the 8800? I see here people are talking about adding a GPS "puck".

Other than waiting for the 9000, I was really considering a Curve basically cause of form factor. I thought it did everything my 8800 did in a smaller package.

Did I miss something?
    04-15-08 09:49 AM
    I love the form factor of the Pearl.. I like the Camera feature which is something the 8800 series doesn't offer.. but I can do without the camera..

WIFI and GPS is absolutely nice.. especially if you travel and dont want to add int. data plans.. you can use WIFI in the hotels to get emails..

I'm sooooo anxious for the 9000..having all 3 means the best of 3 worlds.. and the fact that according to pics, it's bigger than the curve, but smaller than the 8800..this is a plus in my book.
    04-15-08 12:20 PM
    Guess I need to go back and check my homework. I thought the Curve came GPS internal just like the 8800? I see here people are talking about adding a GPS "puck".

Other than waiting for the 9000, I was really considering a Curve basically cause of form factor. I thought it did everything my 8800 did in a smaller package.

Did I miss something?
    No you did not miss anything, the 8310 Curve "does" come with GPS, the 8320 does not.

They got rid of the GPS in the 8320 so they could put the WIFI.

Hope this helps.

msblueline
    04-15-08 01:30 PM
    If you come across an 8X10 device, you can pretty much guarantee it'll have GPS.. Such is said with the 8X20 devices.. they come with WIFI..

the 8820 is a different beast and comes with both because of it's size.

So, 8110 Pearl has GPS.. 8120 Pearl has WIFI..

8310 has GPS, 8320 has WIFI
    04-15-08 01:36 PM
    If you come across an 8X10 device, you can pretty much guarantee it'll have GPS.. Such is said with the 8X20 devices.. they come with WIFI..

the 8820 is a different beast and comes with both because of it's size.

So, 8110 Pearl has GPS.. 8120 Pearl has WIFI..

8310 has GPS, 8320 has WIFI
    I have the 8310 and it does have GPS. I also have the 8800 which also comes with GPS.

I don't need the wifi on my berry because I have an iPhone which has wifi.

I just use my iPhone for music, internet (that the berry cannot get) and such (I can receive calls on it).

I use my berry for crackberry when away from my puter and... everything else.

If you get the 8310 from at&t it will have GPS.

msblueline
    04-15-08 01:59 PM
    My craving for a blackberry device started for a Curve, but after look at THIS, I changed my mind to get a BB 8820. Wow. I am sorely missing a BB these days, ever since I signed on CB Forums.
    04-21-08 12:11 PM
    the 8310 with gps and bis/bes plan is awesome, and even tho its expensive i actually enjoy paying the bill b/c i feel that its such a valuable device. =
    04-21-08 03:46 PM
    I have both a 8310 and an 8820.

I've yet to decide which one I like best.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses.
    04-21-08 04:01 PM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD