Ok, here's the situation...

I'm a T-Mobile, myFaves user, and I absolutely love my Curve 8320 but...

The people I have converted to Blackberry users are now Curve users like myself. I like to stay original and different from the crowd. Therefore, I bought the 8800. My intention, is to decide on the phone I want to use like how I decide on which shirt to wear for that particular day. If I feel like using the Curve, I'll use the Curve and vice versa with the 8800. In the end, to begin my day, I'll have two phones to choose from to use.

My question to you is...

Is there anything different I have to change? For example, I noticed some people who have used this method have two PIN numbers. When you use Blackberry Messenger, do you show up as two different people since you're using two different phones? Does that also mean that I have to re-send an invitation on the BB Messenger to my desired friends? Another question I have is the issue with the myFaves. Do I have to reload the contacts to the myFaves application in the new phone I am getting?

Overall, I'm asking if there are any drawbacks from having two Blackberries and switching the SIM cards almost every other day? If there are people who do this, please explain your positive and negative feedback about this method.... THANKS ALL!
    04-11-08 02:27 AM
    I have both a Curve and an 8820 switch them often.

Messenger is one issue. Since it's PIN based you do need to keep two contact lists, one on each device. As long as you enter your contact name the same on both devices you'll show up the same on other people's BB but you will need to invite your friends on both at first.

Software is another issue. Some commercial software uses the PIN for activation codes. Meaning if you want to keep the software on both devices you have to pay for it twice.

I can't comment on Myfaves since I use AT&T.

Other than that it's pretty simple and painless to go back and forth.
    04-11-08 06:33 AM
    No drawbacks to having two BB's. The more the merrier
    Just remember that each device would have it's own PIN.
    04-11-08 06:48 AM
    I have three different devices 8300,8800,and 8100. I htink that igreenberg summed it up.
    04-12-08 07:16 AM
    now you all me thinking about switching back and forth between my 8830 and 8703. I do love the 8830 but sometimes miss my good old 8703. Maybe I will give it a try this weekend!
    04-12-08 07:36 AM
    Can this type of device switching be done on Verizon? It sounds as if the SIM card is the controlling factor and in general Verizon does not use Sim cards (unless for the 8830 WE and then only for overseas travel). More curious than anything since I canNOT afford another BB device and my 8830 is more than adequate.
    04-12-08 09:34 AM
    Doing it on Verizon would require a telephone call to customer service for an ESN swap every time.

It certainly can be done but not as easy as a SIM swap.
    04-12-08 06:05 PM
    I do the same weekly. I have the 8300 and 8800. My mood depends on which Berry I rock for the day or week. I just pop my SIM card out and send a registration. Simple easy and painless. Its fun having the option of swapping crackberries
    04-12-08 06:32 PM
    I have a question. My husband's phone is ready for an upgrade but he likes his phone. I want a new blackberry -have the 8100 and want the 8110- so can I get the new phone for me and just out my sum card in that phone ? Also not get the blackberry data plan for him? (att).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 02:54 PM
    Probably not easy for a BES user. I have 2 BB's. One for work and one for play. My IT dept will not let me connect to the BES on 2 BB's. If I want to switch the BES to my other BB, I need a whole new password everytime I switch.
    04-28-08 02:59 PM
    Ok, here's the situation...

I'm a T-Mobile, myFaves user, and I absolutely love my Curve 8320 but...

The people I have converted to Blackberry users are now Curve users like myself. I like to stay original and different from the crowd. Therefore, I bought the 8800. My intention, is to decide on the phone I want to use like how I decide on which shirt to wear for that particular day. If I feel like using the Curve, I'll use the Curve and vice versa with the 8800. In the end, to begin my day, I'll have two phones to choose from to use.

My question to you is...

Is there anything different I have to change? For example, I noticed some people who have used this method have two PIN numbers. When you use Blackberry Messenger, do you show up as two different people since you're using two different phones? Does that also mean that I have to re-send an invitation on the BB Messenger to my desired friends? Another question I have is the issue with the myFaves. Do I have to reload the contacts to the myFaves application in the new phone I am getting?

Overall, I'm asking if there are any drawbacks from having two Blackberries and switching the SIM cards almost every other day? If there are people who do this, please explain your positive and negative feedback about this method.... THANKS ALL!
    I have both a Curve and an 8820 switch them often.

Messenger is one issue. Since it's PIN based you do need to keep two contact lists, one on each device. As long as you enter your contact name the same on both devices you'll show up the same on other people's BB but you will need to invite your friends on both at first.

Software is another issue. Some commercial software uses the PIN for activation codes. Meaning if you want to keep the software on both devices you have to pay for it twice.

I can't comment on Myfaves since I use AT&T.

Other than that it's pretty simple and painless to go back and forth.
    I like to stay original and different from the crowd.
    Another way of being different is send your phone to Colorware to be painted a color of your choice.
    04-28-08 03:10 PM
    How do u get your push email accounts to pop up on the new phone? I tried switching sims with a coworker and her email accounts still showed up with my sim.

04-28-08 06:56 PM
    04-28-08 08:10 PM
    Thanks for the help!!

04-28-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD