I'm selling an 8830WE and have an interested buyer ask me some questions that, at first, made me think he had no idea what he was talking about. But, he was persistent in claiming that Indonesian carriers are on CDMA networks and use SIM cards. Is this true? Maybe I'm the one that doesn't know what he's talking about.................
    09-08-09 11:20 PM
    Also, he says his carrier is TelkomFlexi, but I can't figure out their site.
    09-08-09 11:23 PM
    Hi There,
    maybe i can assist you about this. I am also from Indonesia. We had CDMA and GSM network as USA as well but the different is GSM band we are on 900/1800/2100Mhz (last one known as 3G) using a card called SIM card. in CDMA we using 800/1900Mhz also using a card like SIM card but the name is USIM for the detail you can check it out on wikipedia. its quite common in China and Indonesia as far as i know.
    For site you just put .com after that provider name.
    maybe if your interested buyer have a problem, he/she can contact me, i'm happy to assist
    09-29-09 01:29 PM
    Well, I shipped that phone to him a while ago and haven't heard back yet. I'm assuming it worked.

That's pretty interesting though. Thanks for all the info! I will def let you know if I have more questions about it!
    09-29-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD