I'm not sure how this happened, but for some reason my trackball seems to automatically click on stuff when I barely touch it, and sometimes without touching it at all. For example, if I'm in BB Messenger, the "Paste, send a file ..., Send Voice Note ..." menu will pop up without having even touched the trackball, and will subsequently go into the various options within this menu. I've had a similar problem when using the internet browser and going to links I hadn't even clicked on. I read the thread about cleaning my trackball, which I still have to try, but I wanted to see if there was anyone else that has had this problem or has a solution to fix it.

UPDATE: After playing around a little bit more, I noticed that it might actually be a problem with my DEL key. Again, within BB Messenger, a menu will sometimes pop up rather then just delete my text. Now I'm not sure sure if cleaning the trackball will do it, but maybe I have to return it?
    Last edited by QuezXLV; 12-31-07 at 11:09 AM. Reason: updated issue
    12-31-07 11:00 AM
    I had a similar sensitivity issue...What I was finding was the bottom "lip" of the trackball was getting stuck. Sometimes, it would result in my not being able to scroll up or down, or, like in your case, it would activate menus.

My solution is to gently push down on the lip to free the trackball while spinning it. I will also clean the trackball with some windex on a paper towel. It seems to keep the ball from sticking.

-James
    01-03-08 12:59 PM
    This happens to me too. I've replaced the whole keyboard and trackball. Still does it. What is the lip you are talking about. Any help would e greatly appreciated.
    03-05-09 01:33 AM
    This happens to me too. I've replaced the whole keyboard and trackball. Still does it. What is the lip you are talking about. Any help would e greatly appreciated.
    That sounds like water damage. Tends to make these phones act weird.
    03-05-09 10:25 AM
    I had this issue, after replacing my very first brand new 8830...asurion sent me a refurb that looked and felt brand new, except the trackball would sometimes stick, and at times would send sms messages to my friends 8 or 9 times before I finally caught it lol. I had to replace the phone AGAIN. After 6 calls to sprint and asurion, I finally spoke to a manager at spring, and they gave me a $25 credit for the $50 insurance deductible. I tried to get the entire fee credited, but since I returned the phone outside of the 30day window, they wouldn't budge. Ill take have though...sprint CS is def improving...kinda..heh.

Michael

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 11:22 AM
    Nope, no water damage at all. White sticker. I'm OCD about my berry.
    03-05-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD