Hey,

I just got blackberry 8820 and i use prepaid so whenever i text someone the phone shows me that the text was sent and then my account balance..but with that there is this really annoying sound..i have been trying to figure out how to turn that thing off but i can't find it. I have looked in the profiles and telephone settings..no clue where is the option to mute that sound.

Anyone know?
    04-14-09 08:31 PM
    I ran into the same annoying issue too at one time... The is the only way I found to solve it:

1. Call up ATT (18003310500)and tell them you need the code to unlock your phone for international travel.
    2. Enter the code on the simcard menu using instructions found in these forums.
    3. Go to T-Mobile and sign up for monthly service with flexpay(their version on prepaid service). They have prepaid plans just like their regular contract plans.
    4. Insert the T-Mobile sim into your unlocked ATT phone and enjoy hassle free service

Seriously though... I got fed up with having to clear out all those messages every 3 hours. I do not miss the hassle of dealing with ATT at all. The worst that happens is that you swap out your T-Mobile sim for the ATT one...
    04-14-09 10:49 PM
    PLEASE HELP ME!! I have a question about the help you posted about the solution to the annoying sounds on the blackberry everytime you send/receive a message. Are you sure by unlocking the phone and using a tmobile sim card instead will stop the annoying sounds? If you could get back to me soon it would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!
    07-04-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD