when I first got my BB, messages would automatically be removed from it once I downloaded them to my Outlook on my PC.

Have I turned something off by mistake?

Thanks
    08-10-08 10:25 PM
    I am under the assumption that you are using a cradle so check these settings and try this:

Cradle email reconciliation

To set up your BlackBerry to reconcile email moves, deletes, and read states when cradled:
    1.Cradle your device. If you have a password enabled, you must enter it before your device will connect to the desktop.
    1. You should back up your data before proceeding
    2. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync.
    3. In the "Synchronize now" section of the Intellisync window, click to select the reconcile email checkbox.
    4. Click configure email
    5. In the Email Configuration dialog box, you can configure how the handheld and mailbox will affect each other when reconciling:
      • To have the state of your mailbox copied to your handheld, without the handheld affecting the mailbox, select Import moves and deletes to handheld only.
      • To have the mailbox and handheld versions affect each other, select Synchronize moves and deletes. Select which version should overwrite the other if you have made changes to both versions. Choose Desktop wins if you want the mailbox to overwrite the BlackBerry, or Handheld wins if you want the BlackBerry to overwrite the mailbox.
    6. Click OK, and then click Synchronize now.
    Hope this helps!
    08-11-08 07:52 AM
    Patrick, thanks for your response. No, I am not using a cradle.

For some reason I thought my BB use to act in this manner:

Receive email all day, then when I got home and opened Outlook and it retrieved my email, it would then also delete it from the BB.

Am I mistaken?

Thanks
    08-11-08 08:02 AM
    Patrick, thanks for your response. No, I am not using a cradle.

For some reason I thought my BB use to act in this manner:

Receive email all day, then when I got home and opened Outlook and it retrieved my email, it would then also delete it from the BB.

Am I mistaken?

Thanks
    Did you sync your Berry after you deleted all of the mail from Outlook??

It cannot syncronize with your Berry and remove messages until you sync the device using DesktopManager
    08-11-08 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD