hit me with it.....what am i doing wrong? obviously it's not the BB or the Computer which is running XP and Device manager is working fine too. I was told by a friend the APN for Alltel is #777, the Username is phone #@alltel.net, and the Password is all lowercase "alltel". I've done this, and set up the dial-up connection, but it's still not connecting, please help. thanks. T.
    03-25-08 08:17 PM
    The easy way: Add the tethering feature to your plan, and download & install the Quicklink Mobile application required to tether on Alltel's network. There's something about 'Quicklink mobile' for the 8830 that just makes it work. It worked great for me until I got an aircard and no longer needed to tether.
    03-26-08 06:08 AM
    you have to remove the login and password. those should be blank.
    03-26-08 12:48 PM
    Do you leave everything blank in the TCP on your BB or do you leave them blank on your PC?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 04:11 PM
    I actually just got this to work....and not been able to before using Windows...only used Quicklink Mobile before. Only difference between now & last time I tried this is SP1 on Vista Premium - It recognized my BB8830 as an attached modem without any further set-up, and - used the username & password combination in the first post of the thread. Interesting...
    03-26-08 07:24 PM
    I actually just got this to work....and not been able to before using Windows...only used Quicklink Mobile before. Only difference between now & last time I tried this is SP1 on Vista Premium - It recognized my BB8830 as an attached modem without any further set-up, and - used the username & password combination in the first post of the thread. Interesting...
    i have an unlimited data plan and i downloaded the QLM and set up the connection... i used "#777" and left the username and password blank.... it keeps telling me i have an error... ive tried using the username and password also and it still does work.. help???
    09-24-08 12:26 AM
    sometimes you have to be sure that the computer is using the right dial up modem (standard) instead of something else. there's been times that on some computers i have to go into the dial up connection settings and choose the "Standard Modem" and be sure that you have Blackberry Desktop manager open and connected before trying to connect to the net. i did this with one vista computer and the rest XP's and didn't have any problems so far.
    09-24-08 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD