Quick Question. I have an 8830 from Alltel that I got last week before I left for a business trip. It did not come with a SIM card.

I have my AT&T phone with me, as well as the 8830. The AT&T phone works great here in Columbia, and I have had no issues using it.

I have tried putting that SIM card into my Alltel 8830 to see if it would work, and I show that I am roaming, and on the network, but when I try to make a call, all I get is a fast busy signal. Is there something that I need to do to make this work? Will an Alltel 8830 with an Alltel # work with an AT&T SIM card? Any thoughts or suggestions?
    09-11-07 01:22 PM
    Columbia where? The AT&T sim card will not work on the 8830 in North America.
    09-11-07 03:04 PM
    Am currently in Cali, Columbia. When the SIM card is in my AT&T Razor, works fine, when I take it out and put it in my Alltel 8830, It shows that I am roaming, and have signal strength, but when I try to place a call all I get is a fast busy, no matter what I dial.

Could it be due to the telephone number difference between the cingular, and alltel phones?
    09-11-07 03:52 PM
    I may be wrong, but I understand that the GSM bands used in North and South America are different that those used in Europe, and that the 8830 World Edition is not compatible with the N and S American bands. "World," unfortunately, means Europe for the most part.
    09-12-07 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD