Hello everyone and thanks in advance.

I figured that this would be the right forum to post this in. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, I have an 8830 with a slight issue. After sending many text messages to a sender, when I go to send them, it gets VERY, VERY slow. If I clear all the messages then the problem is solved.

So I guess I have two questions for you guys.

1. Is there a way to fix this permanently?

2. Is there a way to auto-delete messages after a certain amount of other messages?

Thanks!
    Paul
    11-08-08 10:29 AM
    I used to have the same issue. The only way is to clear the messages. I used to do it daily - highlight the date, hit Menu key and select Delete Prior. Keep the inbox clean and it should clear the lag. You can also do it for the Sent items as well if you wanna be extra lag-free
    11-08-08 10:39 AM
    I used to have the same issue. The only way is to clear the messages. I used to do it daily - highlight the date, hit Menu key and select Delete Prior. Keep the inbox clean and it should clear the lag. You can also do it for the Sent items as well if you wanna be extra lag-free
    How would I do that for the sent items?

thanks
    Paul
    11-08-08 10:41 AM
    Hit Menu .. View Folders .. Sent Items .. highlight date, menu, delete prior. I think you can do ALT-O from your Inbox to get there quicker as well.
    11-08-08 10:48 AM
    Yep and ALT-O also shows outgoing everything (calls, emails, texts).

Also you can adjust the amount of texts from a sender shown in the thread. That way long conversations won't be dragged up when you're replying.

Options - SMS Text - Number of Previous Items
    11-08-08 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD