I have a BlackBerry 8830 and have been very pleased with it to this point. I have a large number of contacts due to syncronization with my CRM application (salesforce.com). This was not an issue until we recently moved over to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Now I cannot find contacts that are in the Address Book. If that person calls me, the lookup works and displays the contact information on my screen, but there is no way to find the contacts in the Address Book. I have seen some posts suggesting this is a category issue, but have not been able to resolve. All of the salesforce.com contacts are pre-assigned to a category of "Salesforce", my only other categories are "Personal" and "Business".

I have wiped the handheld and re-synced several times, but still have the issue. I have also made sure that all contacts are listed in one of the three categories described above. One example is typing "BO" in the find box. It will show only two contacts. One with the last name of "Boland" another with a company name that includes the word "Boat". The options for Address Book are set to display in last name order and there are many more that start with "BO".

Thanks in advance for your help.
    11-25-08 04:20 PM
    Check the filter in the address book to be sure that neither Personal nor Business is checked. You should be able to check the Salesforce filter to see only those contacts, or check no filters to see everything. If your caller ID is working, then an incorrect filter almost has to be the problem.
    11-25-08 04:25 PM
    That is the first thing I checked as well. I currently have no items checked on the filter. If I check the salesforce category, the results are the same when I attempt to find "BO". If I check the Business category and do the same find, I will get no results even though the 4th entry in the list has a last name of "Boehm". There are also "Boehm" entries in the Salesforce category. There are probably about 200 entries that start with the last name of "Bo"
    11-25-08 05:19 PM
    Things we know:
    1. It's not a filter problem, though it mimics one.
    2. The problem persists thru a reboot.
    3. The problem began when you moved to BES.

Two more questions. Are you running Facebook? Are you using a PIM replacement such as Pocket Informant?

If the answer to both questions is no, then I think you're going to have to talk to your BES admins. They may have some portion of your address book inhibited by mistake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD