I have few minors problems with my 8820 blackberry including:

1- I have my Home number defined in my Address Book as "Home" however, when I receive calls from this number it shows as "Home/" is calling. I doubled checked the BB address book and I confirm that the name for this number is defined as "Home" and not "Home/". Where is it getting the "Home/". I also remember that when I first purchased the BB and put in my SIM card it asked me if I want to copy my SIM contacts to my BB and I accepted it. When it copied all the entries I found out that all the names where changes from "abcdefg" to "abcdefg/" but I took the time and removed the slash from all the names.

2- Under Options - Advanced Options - SIM I see that I have a long string of numbers and characterd as ID but I have a blank Phone Number and the work Unknown Number. I open the menu and choose EDIT SIM PHONE NUMBER. It asks me to enter a SIM Phone Number and Friendly Name. When I enter both fields I receive an error saying Denied Access to SIM. Note, my SIM does not have a security code.

Thanks
    06-01-08 04:38 AM
    1- I have my Home number defined in my Address Book as "Home" however, when I receive calls from this number it shows as "Home/" is calling. I doubled checked the BB address book and I confirm that the name for this number is defined as "Home" and not "Home/". Where is it getting the "Home/". I also remember that when I first purchased the BB and put in my SIM card it asked me if I want to copy my SIM contacts to my BB and I accepted it. When it copied all the entries I found out that all the names where changes from "abcdefg" to "abcdefg/" but I took the time and removed the slash from all the names.
    Your BB may be caching that information in memory. Do a battery pull and cross your fingers.

2- Under Options - Advanced Options - SIM I see that I have a long string of numbers and characterd as ID but I have a blank Phone Number and the work Unknown Number. I open the menu and choose EDIT SIM PHONE NUMBER. It asks me to enter a SIM Phone Number and Friendly Name. When I enter both fields I receive an error saying Denied Access to SIM. Note, my SIM does not have a security code.
    Try only enter your phone number.
    It could be that your carrier's BB firmware does not allow you to change it.
    While on the phone dialing screen, does it show your phone number under "My Number:" ?
    06-02-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD