I currently have a mail email account setup in my BlackBerry 8830. I want replies to be sent from from my other email account address (which I haven't added yet). However I do not want to receive incoming emails on the other email account since it is already forwarded to my main email account. Is such a setup possible?
    05-31-09 05:03 PM
    email account A is for receiving only? email account B is for sending only? You can use your BIS email account and set up a reply to address, so when you send it shows as account A

Edit: meant to say reply to, not send as
    05-31-09 05:14 PM
    You can setup the BIS account to "not forward messages to device" and that will allow you to send.

06-01-09 06:12 AM
    @Sith_Apprentice: Thanks for the tip, it should work fine when replying. However I missed to mention that I would like to send new (compose) emails from Account B as well. So the "reply to" tip will not help in that case.

@sandsjh: ah, thats exactly what I was looking for and its working!

Infact I've just found another workaround for it. After adding the email account open the "Options" for the email account > Email Reconciliation > Wireless Reconcile > Off - I believe that would prevent downloading of all incoming emails, right? I was able to send emails with that option turned off and the sent emails were being saved in the email server (gmail) as well.
    06-01-09 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD