I was wondering if anyone who has XM has ever logged on and played through an 8830 phone.

My old phone was a treo 700 so i logged onto xstreamxm (sorry new poster url blocked just type www in front and .com in the end) and could listen with my account in a modified mobile browser

I tried the same on the 8830 however it locks up and will not play in the media player.

anyone have any ideas or creaive solutions
    07-21-07 09:47 PM
    I have tried to get xm to stream but have'nt been able to so far. It acts like its going to connect but never does.
    07-23-07 10:42 PM
    I tried it with my sirius account and it said Bowser not supported, Sorry unkown is not supported by the sirius player, please upgrade to the latest version to listen to all of our 100 commercial free music uniterrupted.

is there another browser i should have?
    07-26-07 08:58 AM
    Try musicdock with the .com and www. it loaded on mine but I am having problems with my login information but it look like it should work fine. Let me know if you have to do anything with the media player or if it works right off the bat.
    02-17-08 01:23 PM
    I tried muisicdock. It would not work. It loaded the pages and I could enter my login info but would not stream the music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-08 07:16 PM
    I also loaded it up, but it behaves strangely. I can get my channel list and select a channel, but then it keeps flashing/alternating "requesting" and "loading data". I can get into the Media Player to open, and it shows cover art, and all looks well, but nothing ever plays. Too bad! It would have been nice.
    02-17-08 07:37 PM
    There are no streaming codecs in the current 8830 OS being offered. Hopefully this will change with 4.5. Tragic that something as simple as this cannot be supported on a Blackberry.

Oh wait... that's right, Blackberries are "business tools". No business man has any business wanting to stream music or do anything multi-media related for that matter on a Blackberry.
    02-17-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD