Nope all divested markets are to remain Alltel until purchased by another carrier other then Verizon.

And that is a network infrustructure that can not be ignored.
    11-13-08 07:24 PM
    4.5.0.101 is the package version for OS version 4.5.0.77
    I take it back I admit that I was wrong. I did find the 101 OS. Got it loaded and still looking it over.
    11-13-08 09:39 PM
    What are you talking about? You don't have a CDMA phone right now and AT&T is GSM anyway. According to your profile you're in the wrong forum my friend.
    I do have a CDMA phone here. That's the network. We dont have the 3G as AT&T and verizon and Tmobile. Or Should i call Verizon claro.... Im in the right forum. i want 4.5 on Centennial Wireless. Which I dont know if centennial is running it. The reps here dont even know if it exists. They are still selling 8703e's. Centennial is running all Blackberrys 4.2os. Here, Centennial Wireless Puerto Rico doesnt have 3G. I was with AT&T and left because they had a worse offer then centennial. We are completely different from communications in the states. That's how slow this is. Imagine using your BB, as a dial up modem with speed up to half MBPS... That's whay we got here. To be a "colony" of the USA, i'd return back home to nyc. Try asking around before you call someone wrong my friend. No offense taken. I dontmean it the bad way,but someoneelse, who is very "patriotic" about this island could take it the wrong way.
    Last edited by metroII; 11-26-08 at 10:20 PM.
    11-26-08 10:15 PM
    i love 4.5 beta anyway lol no biggie
    11-27-08 12:14 AM
    I do have a CDMA phone here. That's the network. We dont have the 3G as AT&T and verizon and Tmobile. Or Should i call Verizon claro.... Im in the right forum. i want 4.5 on Centennial Wireless. Which I dont know if centennial is running it. The reps here dont even know if it exists. They are still selling 8703e's. Centennial is running all Blackberrys 4.2os. Here, Centennial Wireless Puerto Rico doesnt have 3G. I was with AT&T and left because they had a worse offer then centennial. We are completely different from communications in the states. That's how slow this is. Imagine using your BB, as a dial up modem with speed up to half MBPS... That's whay we got here. To be a "colony" of the USA, i'd return back home to nyc. Try asking around before you call someone wrong my friend. No offense taken. I dontmean it the bad way,but someoneelse, who is very "patriotic" about this island could take it the wrong way.
    Your profile is still not correct. Your phone model is incorrect for the carrier.
    11-27-08 01:18 AM
    Can you please explain your statement in this quote? I am struggling to find out why it takes forever or not at all for my Telus 8830 to get BB maps hooked up with GPS. It worked before... long ago...

One thing to point out is that with the 8830, if the radio switches to GSM, no more GPS because of the way the GPS is controlled by the Qualcomm chipset. It's possible that they didn't want all the hubbub from that as well.

01-27-09 10:25 PM
    I don't know if JR is around tonight or not, but I can tell you that comment is only applicable for European GSM users. The 8830 won't work on US GSM frequencies. So whatever your problem is, if you're using your 8830 in North America, that comment doesn't explain it.

Telus's computers may be doing a poor job of supplying the information needed by the A-GPS chip. The small regional CDMA carriers seem to have that problem more than the national carriers.
    01-27-09 10:49 PM
    Was 4.5.0.101 the last leaked beta?
    01-28-09 06:54 AM
    yep. .101 is the latest
    01-28-09 09:26 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD