I have purchased 8830 from internet,india, mumbai. I have taken vodafone GSM with BBM and email service, I am able to make and receive calls however not able to used BBM service. BBM service has been activated by vodafone however "gprs" comes in small letters on top left corner of the phone, this means my device is not able to latch to the service provider, so I want to know if 8830 with vodafone gsm supports BBM or not?

secondly I am not sure if this phone which is bought from india is unlocked or locked phone, it shows "activation required" on the main display

can anyone help me with this issue so that i can use bbm on 8830?
    12-10-11 07:18 AM
    I used to own an 8830, but I only used it on North American CDMA, so I can't help you with the GSM settings. Here is how to tell if your phone is unlocked:
    To verify your phone is unlocked, go to Options / Advanced Options / SIM Card. Type the letters MEPD. They won't be shown on the screen. If Network is Active, the phone is not unlocked. If Network is Disabled, the phone is unlocked.
    12-11-11 12:10 PM
    Thanks JeffH, I tried MEPD and the network status is shows as "Inactive", SIM status is shown as "Disabled", this means that phone is unlocked,am I correct?
    12-11-11 11:09 PM
    The words have changed slightly, but the meaning seems to be the same. I would assume the phone is unlocked.
    ripalsh likes this.
    12-11-11 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD