My friend is looking at getting a 8830 WE for Verizon. What are the pros and cons for this model i have read a few things, but would like more clarification on them.
    03-29-09 06:45 PM
    Some might consider the limited memory an issue. If your friend wants to install a lot of apps, then that can be a limitation.

Verizon locks the gps so only Verizon's own Navigator ($10/month) works on the official 4.2 OS. BBMaps works with the 4.5 released by other carriers and useable on the verizon unit.
    03-29-09 07:19 PM
    Other than limited memory, it's a workhorse. If you get it, make sure to jump to a 4.5 OS for added benefits. GPS, Docs 2 Go and HTML email are the main perks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 09:16 PM
    I got a 8830 and i love it because it is not a child's phone with a camera and a bunch of apps for games in such. It was made as a business phone and it does a damn good job doing just that!
    03-29-09 09:19 PM
    I have a Storm and it is beginning to get on my nerves. I was thinking about the 8830 but I'm wasn't sure if I should make the switch. The memory is an issue for me. And I text and email like a machine so I don't know what the better device is. My girlfriend and a few of my good friends have the Curve and they rave about it. Not sure what to do because I don't know much about the 8830
    03-29-09 09:44 PM
    I have the curve and a friend has the we and personally i like the curve much more.. only good thing about the we is the keyboard, the keys are a bit bigger but overall the curve is defintely the way to go
    03-29-09 10:12 PM
    I have a Storm and it is beginning to get on my nerves. I was thinking about the 8830 but I'm wasn't sure if I should make the switch. The memory is an issue for me. And I text and email like a machine so I don't know what the better device is. My girlfriend and a few of my good friends have the Curve and they rave about it. Not sure what to do because I don't know much about the 8830
    The 8830 is a workhorse when it comes to emails and texting. If you can hold out a month or two more i would, since the Niagara should be released soon. The 8830 will be replaced with it.
    03-30-09 06:44 AM
    I love my 8830. If it had more memory, it would be the perfect device for me. If you prefer the 8830 keyboard layout over the Curve' I would suggest waiting for the 9630 Niagara.

The best thing to do is feel the 8830 and 8330's keyboards and see which one feels best to you. The Curve 8330 also has more memory than the 8830, but the 9630 will have even more (similar to the Storm).
    03-30-09 09:06 AM
    Yeah, when it comes to messaging and emails, there is no better device. It's amazing. It's a workhorse. I can't say enough good things about it. If you need something to communicate with, whatever the medium, and you don't care about a camera, then this is the device for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 10:00 AM
    ty everyone for your input it is appreciated very much.
    03-30-09 05:57 PM
    I don't care much for the camera. My main concerns are battery life and memory leak that slows down the phone and locks it up.

How do these factors measure up against other blackberries, especially the Storm?
    03-30-09 07:26 PM
    So my storm fell today and cracked the screen, had to whip out the old 8830WE. Wanted to update to 4.5.135 but desktop manager not finding it, trick for verizon phone I dont know?
    03-30-09 10:01 PM
    Verizon hasn't release 4.5. You'll have to download another carrier's version (see top of this forum for download link), and follow the upgrade instructions in the Tips section. You'll have to remove the vendor.xml file to install another carrier's OS.
    03-31-09 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD