Ok, Long story short.

I'm Looking to upgrade my VZW 8830 W.E. to 4.5.0.138.

However due to reasons beyond my Control, I need it to remain reporting that it is running v.4.2.2.196 (Platform 3.0.0.84)

Is this at all possible? Has anyone ran figured this out before?

Any responses or Ideas are welcome!!
    Thanks!
    05-05-09 09:48 AM
    doubtful.

What? Are you on BES and afraid the admin will reject your phone with the new version?
    05-05-09 06:49 PM
    I have never read or heard of spoofing the OS version. I just upgraded from 4.2.2.196 to 4.5.0.138 when Verizon officially released it. It works fine with my BES. If you are on a BES, if you upgrade while connected to the BES, ie while at work, your BES admin will NOT have to reactivate your BES. Of course, they will still know you did it. If you upgrade at home, off the Enterprise, you will have to get the BES Admin to reactivate you. This is a simple task, but you can't do it alone.
    05-05-09 09:32 PM
    Yes, on BES, BES Admin will wipe it once he sees the code upgrade. I have the rights to do any reactivation that I need. Its just the reporting factor that will get me.
    05-06-09 12:08 PM
    I upgraded to 4.5 yesterday. Desktop Manager said "successful". Everything looked fine till I opened emails that have attachments and then...... Memory says I should open the Menu (click left of the trackball, correct?) and "Open Attachments. But now, clicking left of the trackball does nothing, neither does clicking the trackball. What happened? I use Empower for full graphics emails.
    05-06-09 12:17 PM
    I upgraded to 4.5 yesterday. Desktop Manager said "successful". Everything looked fine till I opened emails that have attachments and then...... Memory says I should open the Menu (click left of the trackball, correct?) and "Open Attachments. But now, clicking left of the trackball does nothing, neither does clicking the trackball. What happened? I use Empower for full graphics emails.
    I have not used Empower, but since 4.5 provides HTML email, it seems possible you have a conflict. Try removing Empower and see what happens.
    05-06-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD