My emails, both POP ones and coporate (using BIS, not BES) all take 10-14 minutes to arrive. It that an issue with the BB device or with when Verizon elects to go search and finally give me my emails? My friends with IPhones, Palm and Droids think the delay is funny since theirs come in immediately. Thanks for any thoughts.
    02-15-10 09:23 AM
    I have never used BIS, always been on BES. But my understanding of the differences, that is one of them. back in my Palm and WM days, I know you could adjust how often your handset went and looked for new mail. Is there a similar setting for BIS users?
    I will be watching this threads for responses from people more in the know, as I think I will be dropping BES soon.
    02-15-10 10:01 AM
    Hopefully we will see some replies. I dropped my corporate BES as this is my phone and has some private info on it concerning my parents, etc. and the company was backing it all up on their server each day - no privacy.
    02-15-10 11:31 AM
    Hopefully we will see some replies. I dropped my corporate BES as this is my phone and has some private info on it concerning my parents, etc. and the company was backing it all up on their server each day - no privacy.
    02-15-10 11:49 AM
    Verizon tech just sent me to Blackberry tech support who confirmed that their server is set up to "search" for emails and push them every 20 minutes, and that any delay up to that point was perfectly normal. WOW!

A 20 minute delay in getting an email from when it comes to your computers' in-box doesn't seem right when IPhone, Palm, Droids are all close to "real time".
    02-16-10 09:48 AM
    It depends on your email account. BIS isn't true push. BES is.
    Droids push because they are using your gmail account which is setup now with IMAP.
    I have two gmail accts that get pushed on my BB but my work email (we are small) is a pop3 and it takes 20 min or so to come through.
    You could have emails forwarded to a blackberry.net email address which would be @verizon.blackberry.net I believe and you will get them quicker.
    02-16-10 09:54 AM
    sorry just saw you had another thread on this started.
    Mods can close this one I guess.
    02-16-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD